BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Volume control

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaLa

Just got the 436 at the beginning of Feb.

Volume control seems to have quit working.
I can still scroll left and right (up/down) thru the menus but pushing it down no longer does anything.
It feels like it did at the beginning with a click when I push it down but it does nothing.

I was just making it work but don't think there's another way increase volume or change Squelch settings.
And even if there is that's not really acceptable anyway.
Is this common issue or maybe something that wouldn't be too hard take a look at myself.

Really hate to send it to Uniden and wait who knows how long.
Once I go home it will be another month for me to get back home.

MStep

Just got the 436 at the beginning of Feb.

Volume control seems to have quit working.
I can still scroll left and right (up/down) thru the menus but pushing it down no longer does anything.
It feels like it did at the beginning with a click when I push it down but it does nothing.

I was just making it work but don't think there's another way increase volume or change Squelch settings.
And even if there is that's not really acceptable anyway.
Is this common issue or maybe something that wouldn't be too hard take a look at myself.

Really hate to send it to Uniden and wait who knows how long.
Once I go home it will be another month for me to get back home.

What I would try first is doing a complete reset of the radio. If you can get into the Menus, you will find a Restore function. You may not be able to access the menus properly. Here is an alternative from the manual:

Pressing and holding 2, 9, and Dept when you power on the scanner will also clear all user data.

I would also try removing all power from the radio for a period of about 10 minutes and then power up again and do the restore a second time if the first time did not work.

What you really need to do is somehow do a reset to factory settings. Offhand, I cannot find that in the manual, although I'm sure that someone else will pop on here with other suggestions.

BaLa

I removed the batteries for about 6 hours yesterday and then reset it. No change..

I recently replaced the SD Card going to try to change it back to see if it makes a difference. Don't think so but worth a try.

When going through the menus the E.yes key seems to have the same effect as pressing down the knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.