lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD1UA

Premium Subscriber
Why is it when I lockout a ID while scanning that I don't want to hear it comes back, It does not stay locked out. And yes I hit lockout fast enough and it says locked out. very frustrated with this new scanner, I have no problems with my Home Patrol 1. This thing might see eBay soon.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Why is it when I lockout a ID while scanning that I don't want to hear it comes back, It does not stay locked out. And yes I hit lockout fast enough and it says locked out. very frustrated with this new scanner, I have no problems with my Home Patrol 1. This thing might see eBay soon.
If you are only hitting lockout one time (or not twice quick enough), then you're only doing a temporary lockout. (The screen will say locked out, but, again, that's only temporary.) That will let the channel again be scanned after the next time you turn the scanner off, then power it back up again. For permanent lockout, press Func + Lockout.

Also, if you lock a TGID or conventional channel out on the scanner, be sure that you do the same in your programming file (if you use software). Otherwise, the next time you download from your software to the scanner, that channel/ID will again be unlocked.

KD1UA

Premium Subscriber
Lockout

I will try Func + Lockout I am hitting it fast some lockout and others don't. I use proscan software but if I start locking out the 800 mhz freq's I lose some of what I want to here. Obviously they are connected. Just not use to this type of scanner. Tnx for feedback

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually to permanently lockout, it's FUNC +L/O, L/O (yes you must do it twice) - as noted by others, a FUNC +L/O is temporary, and lasts until the next time the scanner is powered on

Mike

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
In a trunked system make sure you lockout the talk group ID and not a frequency otherwise you will miss any transmission on that frequency, and if it is a control channel frequency you won't hear anything.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Actually to permanently lockout, it's FUNC +L/O, L/O (yes you must do it twice) - as noted by others, a FUNC +L/O is temporary, and lasts until the next time the scanner is powered on

Mike

There is no need to hit the FUNC button. Just rapidly hit L/O twice for permanent lockout.

Voyager

I think FUNC-L/O locks out the entire system. As stated, you want to hit L/O L/O (twice fast) to lock out an individual TG.

wtp

the answer

as they talk hit HOLD, Lockout , Lockout.
when scanning hit HOLD, type in the talkgroup number,HOLD, Lockout, Lockout

KD1UA

Premium Subscriber
I use ProScan and sometimes Freescan to program my scanner, is there a way to get a list of tgid's that I can lockout the ones I don't want to hear, before downloading to scanner. Trying to lock them our during scanning is a waste of time.

safetyobc

All you have to do is hit the L/O button 2 times in a row when the active channel is on screen. It will then lock the channel out. Pressing it 1 time is a temporary lockout and after a power cycle it is unlocked.

phask

Premium Subscriber
All you have to do is hit the L/O button 2 times in a row when the active channel is on screen. It will then lock the channel out. Pressing it 1 time is a temporary lockout and after a power cycle it is unlocked.

It's a check box in Freescan - have not use PS for years - but there as well.

BBang

In a trunked system make sure you lockout the talk group ID and not a frequency otherwise you will miss any transmission on that frequency, and if it is a control channel frequency you won't hear anything.

W8RMH,

Im running a BCD325P2 and this is the problem I’m having. I want to lock out talk groups in the Trunked system I’m monitoring and can’t seem to find out how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brandon

Hit_Factor

Tap avoid for a temporary (power cycle). Tap avoid 2 times quickly for permanent avoid.

Sorry, that's for sds100. Hopefully it helps anyway.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
W8RMH,

Im running a BCD325P2 and this is the problem I’m having. I want to lock out talk groups in the Trunked system I’m monitoring and can’t seem to find out how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brandon

When it is on a frequency you want to lock out, hit the L/O key twice rapidly to permanently lock it out.

But as others have said, make sure you also use Sentinal to lock it out on the computer or else if you re-download the database to the scanner again it will no longer be locked out.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
If you wanted to do it on the scanner, you can either wait for a transmission to go across and lock it out that way, otherwise, putting it in channel hold and scrolling through the channels would allow you to lock out the ones you don't want by double tapping the L/O key.

BBang

if you lock out a freq. you will no longer hear the transmissions on that freq.. Different talkgroups and or services, use the same freqs.. I had to set all the talkgroups in the trunked system, then L/O the groups I didn't want to monitor. This 325P2 is amazing! This thing will do everything but listen to its self for ya!
Tks fellas for the responses.

Brandon

phask

Premium Subscriber
If you NEVER want to hear those talkgroups, rather than avoid, just delete them from your progrsming, or don't load them in the first place.

- as long as you are using ID SCAN and not ID SEARCH -

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
How do I unlock a channel that I previously permanently locked out on the the bcd325p2? I cant seem to figure it out.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.