Douglas County GA SO on old Analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sindoris

I was playing with my HP2 and hit the Full Database scan by mistake. When I did, the first channel to appear was Douglas County SO's old 156.165. I stopped on it to see if it was them or someone else using their old Freq. Yep, heard a unit call Douglas County (dispatch). Like Fire, I'm not sure how long it will last and I assume it's just their primary channel like Fire, but at least we get to hear something.

kermit

Thank you very much .they went encrypted and they guys hate it. I retired from there about 6yrs ago and was using Nextel if dispatch couldn't reach then on the ht. So i guess they might have went Bach to the old freq. Of 155.175 on fire. I keep I eye out and let you know what I found out.

Sindoris

I tried listening to them last night and this morning. While Fire is still available, I think SO went back. I had it on their old freq all night and nothing but silence. It was fun while it lasted. Maybe they went back while they tweaked a few things on their digital/encryption side. In today's environment, I understand the need for privacy (I have many LEO family members), but it was nice to hear what is going on in our neighborhood. Especially since It seemed like alert tones and 10-3's issues nightly. Plus, I loved hearing 577 on the radio. He added a bit of humor to things.

BTW: Thank you for your service to Douglas County

kermit

dcfd is on155.520 I guess they are simacast I think,as backup for the digial system which they were/are having on problems with the motoboro on the handhelds while out it the hospital or 10-84(special detail)

Status
Not open for further replies.