Need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butchboi

I use an Uniden BCT8 Nascar TrunkTracker III.... I was able to listen to routine dispatches from the city of Mitchell including police, fire, and bus. Lawrence County Sheriff dispatch as well fire and first responder tone outs. Now all I get is a static sound almost like squelching, but somewhat different. I've had top of line scanners for the new system of Apco but sold them due to county seat (Bedford) going to it with encryption. Can anyone help. Thank you.

GTO_04

The BCT 8 is an analog scanner and will not pick up digital systems. According to the database, the city of Mitchell is on SAFE-T and using digital TGs, and they are in the clear. The County Sheriff is also in the clear, so you may want to pick up another digital scanner.

GTO_04

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
The last time I was in the area, a few years ago, there was a lot of DMR or NXDN active on the VHF Fm frequencies. At that time, Lawrence county was using SafeT (p25 digital), I believe Mitchell was also using SafeT digital. I was getting a lot of activity on Befdford's VHF frequencies, but it sounded like DMR or NXDN to me. I don't know if all traffic had moved from SafeT or if it was being simulcast, my scanner mutes encrypted talkgroups.

I'd say if you're getting digital/open squelch/motorboating noise on the VHF frequencies, they are probably using NXDN. The database shows several VHF fm freq's have migrated to NXDN in the area.

Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.