SDR question

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle16

Hello if i were to get 2 sdr dongles would i be able to pick what i wanted to listen to say carver county's and Anokas Police mains?

stmills

With 2 rtls, Unitrunker and DSD+ you can monitor multiple systems at once. Unitrunker allows each rtl to run as 3 receivers- your choice of voice receiver or control channel. The only issue to deal with is the frequencies need to be within about 2mhz. So for example Hennepin 2-001 has 851-853 and 857-860 frequencies so you need 2 rtls to cover it. I just redid my setup and have it setup so 2-001 and 1-009 control along with 1 voice receiver are on rtl 1 and 1-001 control and 1 voice are on stick 2. Each voice receiver needs it own session of DSD+ running.

turtle16

Could you Post your Unitrunker file? so i can take a look at how it should be setup proper

B-One

You should be able to Monitor Carver and Anoka with 2 dongles. Carver Cx channel is 852.07500 and Anoka is 853.38750: well within range of one another to monitor the signal channels on one dongle. You will need a second dongle for voice.

I have limited experience in the metro with SDR units, but the experience I have tells me that there is a ton of traffic on any one site. You will certainly want to prioritize your TGs so that you aren't stuck listening to Light Rail traffic at the expense of cooler stuff like MTC operations.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
The simulcast issues I experience in Hugo make the dongles basically useless for monitoring ARMER here.

Status
Not open for further replies.