Vernon FD Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxcom

Feed Provider
I was listening to the archive of the Jerzeez Diner fire on broadcastify. I heard FG activity loud and clear. It does sound like its a digital repeater. Some research I found was that the UHF freq that they use is on Mototrbo. Can anyone confirm this? I assume that the feed that was used utilizes a Mototrbo capable radio and a scanner, unless the UHF channel is digital and may be monitored by the 536HP radio or any radio that can monitor digital (except for proprietary systems). If its digital, does anyone have the tone info so I can update my scanners?

W2SJW

Database Admin
That channel has been TRBO for years. I guess we do not have enough members up that far north with the ability to get the channel data via DSD+.

You will not be able to monitor them on a scanner...

res5cue

Boxcom do you remember which Scanner you got the archives from? They do have turbo but currently no scanner decodes it unless you use the dsd+. I'd like to listen to archives and see what your hearing .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RayAir

I don't know how wide of an area I'll be able to pull in but I'll have a hotel room in lower Manhattan about 15-20 floors up with a terrace for a night then I have to leave.

I should be able to run DSD for at least a few hours.

Looks like there's a lot of unid DMR in the area and I'm sure there will be a lot found.

Will update in about a week and half.

Oh how I would like to take my scanner and DSD to the 103rd floor of One World Trade Center, but they would probably get nervous not knowing what the heck I'm up to.

I'm not bringing any radios except an SL7550 cause it can pass as a cell phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.