Dare P25 changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Has anything changed with Dare's P25 system? I have two BCD996XT scanners that I now can't pick up the 800MHz system on. I've even refreshed with the current frequencies/etc from here. Any ideas?

kdhobx111

Can someone please look into why no mobile traffic is coming across the scanner feed for DARE County. I have asked this question for over a month with no fixes to date. Please help jsncrso fix this issue so we can finally here all radio traffic not just dispatch.

Thanks,

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
There is no "fix" for hearing encrypted tranmissions.

According to the RadioReference database, 4 of the Sheriffs talkgroups, the Beach L-E dispatch talkgroup, and all 15 county interop talkgroups are encrypted.

If you're still hearing the dispatch side of some of the encrypted talkgroups, you're lucky ... dispatch may be operating in the clear as a courtesy to other agencies who monitor Dare County communications.

No scanner, including the 996xt, can receive and decypher encrypted P-25 voice comms.

kdhobx111

Hey Jeff, I know that law has gone encryption, however fire/ems has not and for the past month + the feed provider for Dare has been unable to get the mobile traffic to come across, and only the dispatch and tones are going over the air. It appears he is having issues getting the scanner to stop on 800 channel to ensure both dispatch and mobile traffic come across radio ref. That is why I was trying to see if someone could help him get it fixed, he said he has tried several things to no avail.

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
I think it's an issue on my end, I'm still playing with settings and all. I though it was a squelch issue, as it would lock on a talkgroup but not pick up anything. I hope to have it back up soon. I know one guy who is still picking up traffic fine on his PSR-800 which is why I posted here; thinking they may have switched to phase II or something.

On an unrelated note, the PS Interop talkgroups are not encrypted (that would defeat the entire purpose of them). Law enforcement just switched over to TAC talkgroups permanently for dispatch (which have always been encrypted from day one).

kdhobx111

Hopefully you can get it fixed soon. Can't wait to here mobile traffic once again. Also since police has gone encrypted, could you reinstall KDH Ocean rescue back in for the summer? that would be great.

Thanks,
J.B.

kdhobx111

Well I see that the problem has not been fixed yet. I hope that you can get it fixed soon really miss hearing the mobile traffic.

J.B.

kdhobx111

I see that it is working once again, do you think that this summer you could add back KDH Ocean Rescue to the mix to listen to? that would be great if you could since we can no longer hear law.

Thanks,

J.B.

Status
Not open for further replies.