Enbridge LMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

Recently in Ottawa I saw an Enbridge van with base-loaded UHF whip, typical of modern 400/450MHz vehicle installs (especially with so much new DMR/NXDN use on those bands).

The van looked too new for the antenna to be left over from the old Enbridge 450MHz ECADCS system which was shut down several years ago.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this; possibly a sign of returning to fixed vehicle radios versus PTT/cellphone or other portable devices? Lost track of what they are using these days.

Dave

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've got a friend at Enbridge who would probably know. I'm ask him.

Right now all I can think of is some sort of data device on their uhf telemetry network.

roots

All Enbridge COMMS are now on the OnQue network. They switched from the Telus 10-4 network about 2 months ago. I didn't mapped all TG yet. Working on it.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
For reference, their talkgroups on the old EDACS system were;

OPS 1A
OPS 1B
OPS 1C
EMERG 1
OPS 2A
OPS 2B
OPS 2C
EMERG C

(and so on up until OPS 6/EMERG 6)

DaveH

All Enbridge COMMS are now on the OnQue network. They switched from the Telus 10-4 network about 2 months ago. I didn't mapped all TG yet. Working on it.

Very interesting, thanks. I wonder if there is any time they are particularly active, normal business hours
probably, though they must do emergency work (e.g.I had a gas hot water tank replaced on a saturday).

Dave

roots

It's usually during business hours, they do have emergency but it's easier during the week. I know for sure they have 1 TG for emergency (gas leak, etc) and some TG for regular operation.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I'd wonder just how much they use radios. Back when they were on EDACS, it wasn't particularly active. I suspect its much like Toronto Hydro - crews get their "marching orders" at the depot or on a wireless device (laptop/PDA type thing).

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I found Enbridge patched most of the channels together and it was hard to figure out which group belonged to which area.

roots

On the OnQue network Mike? Because what I have right now, nothing is patch. They do receive there work for the day on laptops but when they need to call in the depot they use the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.