Central Florida conventional freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I still maintain a bank in my scanners for Central Florida conventional fire alerting frequencies, but it is getting pretty thin these days.

Does Polk County fire still use 153.995MHz for tone outs?

How about Saint Cloud on 154.445MHz?

Lake County on 154.385MHz? I think they went digital if they still use it.

Marion County fire on 154.16MHz?

Alachua County fire on 154.325MHz?

Sumter fire on 154.37MHz?

I'm way down at the bell end of the state so I only pass through those areas on occasion and can't keep up with the changes. RadRef still lists a LOT of conventional frequencies here and there that I know to be no longer in use so your reports from on the ground are valuable to me.

I'm reluctant to tie up my scanner with a bunch of trunked systems that I rarely use when one conventional frequency can do the job while I'm passing through to alert me to wrecks in my path.

Thanks.

Ecfsar18

Can verify lake county still uses 154.385 MHz with pl tone of 127.3 also north Brevard uses same freq( weird,I know) for the volunteers ex.station 222.... But without a tone .... Volusia uses 154.340 csq for east county ... Pick up some ems stuff from Orange county on 453.050 and 453.025.. Pl 85.4.. When ducting is strong pick up Jax on 460.575 with 146.2 pl.... Hope this helps some

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Yes, it helps quite a bit. I had written off all the Brevard VHF fire freqs, but they were always weird anyway--sometimes they would use them, other times they'd only transmit on their trunked system.

I'll keep Lake County in there, then too.

Those 453 frequencies are the medcom channels which I find pretty boring so I never listen to those, but they're in use all over anyway.

Thanks!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I was in Orange County a couple of weeks ago and one of Brevard's VHF fire paging frequencies was coming in loud and clear.

S

SARCommCoord

453.0500 is Rural/Metro (AMR) Tac 1. All Orlando 911, Eatonville and Airport calls are dispatched on this frequency. 453.0250 is Rural/Metro (AMR) Tac 2. All West Orange 911 (Ocoee, Winter Garden & Windermere) and IFT calls are dispatched on this frequency.

St Cloud Fire is still dispatched on .445. Marion does not use VHF anymore. Sumter 911 Communications was taken over by Rural/Metro and became the first private secondary PSAP in the state. They no longer use VHF, and everything is dispatched on the P25 encrypted trunking systems. radios are APX 7000 with XTL's as the base station radios and APX mobiles in the vehicles. Rural/Metro still uses and monitors 453.0750 in Sumter as a mutual aid talkgroup for the Orlando units who respond to Sumter for coverage.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
453.0500 is Rural/Metro (AMR) Tac 1. All Orlando 911, Eatonville and Airport calls are dispatched on this frequency. 453.0250 is Rural/Metro (AMR) Tac 2. All West Orange 911 (Ocoee, Winter Garden & Windermere) and IFT calls are dispatched on this frequency.

St Cloud Fire is still dispatched on .445. Marion does not use VHF anymore. Sumter 911 Communications was taken over by Rural/Metro and became the first private secondary PSAP in the state. They no longer use VHF, and everything is dispatched on the P25 encrypted trunking systems. radios are APX 7000 with XTL's as the base station radios and APX mobiles in the vehicles. Rural/Metro still uses and monitors 453.0750 in Sumter as a mutual aid talkgroup for the Orlando units who respond to Sumter for coverage.

Rural Metro is kind of an oddity, they are actually being dispatched it seems from OFD now, was listening to them post units to various posting locations, I was at the comm center in 2013 and it seems that is what has happened seems like they are way more integrated now than they were, a lot different from my dispatching days at RMA and OCFR

alanlungs2

Volusia County uses 145.340 for countywide fire dispatch. Which includes all city and county stations,

S

SARCommCoord

Rural Metro is kind of an oddity, they are actually being dispatched it seems from OFD now, was listening to them post units to various posting locations, I was at the comm center in 2013 and it seems that is what has happened seems like they are way more integrated now than they were, a lot different from my dispatching days at RMA and OCFR

Jason you are correct. OFD handles the posting of units now, and the RMA Tac 1 operator merely builds the calls as assigned and tracks the units times (as well as dispatches them to non OFD calls). The Tac 1 operator has a APX 7000 at the desk as well as an OFD MCT.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
So you're saying that even though it's Rural/Metro AMBULANCE, they still dispatch all calls including fire on those 453 channels? Or just EMS calls?

TNX.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Double check your notes, 145 is Amateur, did you mean 154.3400 ??

That's just a typo, he transposed the 4 and 5.

When I have been passing through Volusia I notice they sometimes dispatch on either 154.22 or 155.04 (I can't remember which) and it sounded weaker along the I-95 corridor. I have those listed as DeLand and Deltona respectively so it sounds like they are out west and only used to get better coverage to alert volunteers out there?

In fact, looking at my Volusia conventional bank I see a bunch that I doubt I've ever heard used:

151.22 Deltona
154.01 Edgewater-NSB
154.995 Edgewater
155.115 Ponce Inlet
154.385 Port Orange (must be bogus because that's one of Brevard's just to their south)

I remember the chaos on VHF 20 years ago as I sailed down I-95 listening to 2 and 3 fire departments all over central and north Florida stepping on each other when the band was open at night. It's no wonder with some of these frequency allocations.

Thanks for any input on these and other frequencies.

Last edited:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
So you're saying that even though it's Rural/Metro AMBULANCE, they still dispatch all calls including fire on those 453 channels? Or just EMS calls?

TNX.

911 calls in its now limited territory are handled by OFD, i believe except for the Airport, GOAA is dispatched through RMA, i need to plug RMA in and listen i guess but im assuming all non emergency traffic is dispatched on the 453 channels

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Jason you are correct. OFD handles the posting of units now, and the RMA Tac 1 operator merely builds the calls as assigned and tracks the units times (as well as dispatches them to non OFD calls). The Tac 1 operator has a APX 7000 at the desk as well as an OFD MCT.

Nice wondering what old timers are left there anymore

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm Alachua County Fire Rescue (and Gainesville Fire Rescue) are still using 154.325MHz for alerting. Im listening to it right now as I type this :)

S

SARCommCoord

Nice wondering what old timers are left there anymore

Several of them actually. RMA Tac 1 dispatches units to Universal, NEMOURS, IFT Emergency & GOAA. Tac 2 dispatches IFT, WO 911 & Eatonville. I work in the Comm Center and am also now the Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for the local operation. A lot has changed since you were there. We now have a WX radio in the Comm Center and a scanner with all Mutual Aid in the "war room" (EOC) thanks to me

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Several of them actually. RMA Tac 1 dispatches units to Universal, NEMOURS, IFT Emergency & GOAA. Tac 2 dispatches IFT, WO 911 & Eatonville. I work in the Comm Center and am also now the Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for the local operation. A lot has changed since you were there. We now have a WX radio in the Comm Center and a scanner with all Mutual Aid in the "war room" (EOC) thanks to me
the weather radio would have come in Handy in 98 when we had the Tornadoes, I worked TAC1 that night :) i wished i had got a recording of that dispatch lol

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Another conventional set of Channels is OCFR 453.125 and 453.7875 the station tones are sent out over these, no voice

Last edited:

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
That's just a typo, he transposed the 4 and 5.

When I have been passing through Volusia I notice they sometimes dispatch on either 154.22 or 155.04 (I can't remember which) and it sounded weaker along the I-95 corridor. I have those listed as DeLand and Deltona respectively so it sounds like they are out west and only used to get better coverage to alert volunteers out there?

In fact, looking at my Volusia conventional bank I see a bunch that I doubt I've ever heard used:

151.22 Deltona
154.01 Edgewater-NSB
154.995 Edgewater
155.115 Ponce Inlet
154.385 Port Orange (must be bogus because that's one of Brevard's just to their south)

I remember the chaos on VHF 20 years ago as I sailed down I-95 listening to 2 and 3 fire departments all over central and north Florida stepping on each other when the band was open at night. It's no wonder with some of these frequency allocations.

Thanks for any input on these and other frequencies.

154.115 for Ponce Inlet is still used but I believe it is low power and the AGL is not very high. I can hear it in NSB when I vacation. I now longer hear any VHF licensed to NSB, I do hear County Disp though.

Status
Not open for further replies.