DMR &NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Just about any scanner can listen to DMR or NXDN with a discriminator tap, you will then have to run a audio cable to your PC and use DSDPlus to decode the audio. Alternatively some have chosen to use radios. to accomplish decoding.

Radio that can Decode DMR/MotoTRBO

Any Motorola XPR Radio
Simoco DMR Radios
Tait DMR Radios
Hytera DMR Radios
Harris DMR Radios
Connect Systems CS Series of DMR radios
Tytera MD-380

Radios that can decode NXDN 6.25Khz and 12.5Khz Conventional
Any Kenwood NX series radio
ICOM IC-F4361/3361 6361/5361 Series
Radios that can decode NXDN 6.25Khz Conventional and NXDN Type-C Trunking and IDAS Type-D Trunking
Any ICOM IDAS Radio except the IC-F4361/3361 6361/5361 Series

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Kenwood has recently entered the DMR market in the USA, couple of choices from them.

There is also rumors that a DMR option will be made available for the Kenwood NX-5000 line of radios. That would give you analog, NXDN (6.25 & 12.5 + NexEdge trunking), P25 (p1 &p2) as well as DMR in one radio.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Kenwood has recently entered the DMR market in the USA, couple of choices from them.

There is also rumors that a DMR option will be made available for the Kenwood NX-5000 line of radios. That would give you analog, NXDN (6.25 & 12.5 + NexEdge trunking), P25 (p1 &p2) as well as DMR in one radio.

Next couple of days may be quite revealing for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N5TWB

Next couple of days may be quite revealing for that.

As long Kenwood doesn't take the /\/\ APX-7000 approach to pricing the universal solution, it will be great!

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'm headed out in about 3 hours. It's about 765 miles from Lubbock...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I'm leaving Tuesday, it's a full day drive for me. I'm there Wednesday, maybe Thursday if I need more time, if not I'm heading out to do some exploring up the eastern side of the Sierras. Not actually making it home until Saturday night.

One of these years I'm going to go for the sessions, but so far the ones I want are spread over multiple days and it gets expensive. I've got a limited travel budget at work and I have to spread it amongst myself and the three others that I supervise. I've got another week long meeting in San Diego later next month.
I think I need to scrounge for some more budget for next year. The show part is pretty good, but there are some good sessions too.

Really looking forward to see if they release the DMR for the 5000's. At least it'll be nice to get my hands on the new DMR radios they do have.

Always interesting to see what the Chinese manufacturers have. There stuff is looking better and better each year. Some of the Korean stuff I'd buy today if I had a need for it.
And always entertaining to see the Motorola booth. Seems like it's been shrinking over the years. If I recall correctly the Kenwood booth was about twice the size of M's last year.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
So, they are.
Talked to Kenwood today and was told that a DMR option for the NX-5000 series will be coming out later on this year. Also, a future "mid-range" line of DMR radios to go between the recently released DMR's and the NX-5000 line.

Project25_MASTR

I'm leaving Tuesday, it's a full day drive for me. I'm there Wednesday, maybe Thursday if I need more time, if not I'm heading out to do some exploring up the eastern side of the Sierras. Not actually making it home until Saturday night.

One of these years I'm going to go for the sessions, but so far the ones I want are spread over multiple days and it gets expensive. I've got a limited travel budget at work and I have to spread it amongst myself and the three others that I supervise. I've got another week long meeting in San Diego later next month.
I think I need to scrounge for some more budget for next year. The show part is pretty good, but there are some good sessions too.

Really looking forward to see if they release the DMR for the 5000's. At least it'll be nice to get my hands on the new DMR radios they do have.

Always interesting to see what the Chinese manufacturers have. There stuff is looking better and better each year. Some of the Korean stuff I'd buy today if I had a need for it.
And always entertaining to see the Motorola booth. Seems like it's been shrinking over the years. If I recall correctly the Kenwood booth was about twice the size of M's last year.

I left Lubbock at 2 AM (Central Time)...got to the hotel (I'm staying at Boulder Station) at 2 PM (Pacific Time). I think I took about an hour's worth of breaks so that's about 13 hours straight driving. I'm headed back to Lubbock Friday, then Forth Worth on Saturday once I get some network components fixed...home in time for Easter.

Hytera has the biggest booth of anyone this year.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Yeah, that booth was pretty impressive. So were some of the staff working there ;)

Was surprised at the sheer number of CCR manufacturers there. Must have counted 10 or more.

Interesting the Motorola booth was so small, especially compared to the other big name radio manufacturers.

srich10

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, that booth was pretty impressive. So were some of the staff working there ;)

Was surprised at the sheer number of CCR manufacturers there. Must have counted 10 or more.

Interesting the Motorola booth was so small, especially compared to the other big name radio manufacturers.

Think this thread needs moved up to the digital mode forum. This would be huge if Kenwood did that DMR upgrade. NXDN, plus P25 I &II, plus DMR plus conventional analog all in one. Only thing left would be Fusion which won't be lopped in anytime soon.

You've made me peak my wallet into getting a NX-5000 now just for that capability

Project25_MASTR

I didn't go in the Hytera booth. Everything I've seen from them (in the burn in phase) suggests they can't get trunking down reliably (and an unwillingness to support post-sale).

I did wander by Tait and look at what they are up to these days. (Thinking I may pick them up for P25).

My favorite thing at the show was the revision B of the GME CM60 with the lime green HHCH…

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I talked with those two guys from GME for a little bit, seemed like they were a bit lonely. Nice radios and a good price. The HHCH was a nice setup.
The standard P25 mobile VHF at $900 seemed pretty attractive.

Project25_MASTR

They were thinking about $1100 last year. I know some people who will be ready to pull that trigger as soon as it is available…I also would like to outfit my quads and jeep with them.

Did you see the repeater on the other side of that booth (ether stack maybe?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.