sedgwick county Project 25 Phase II TDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowley639

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a new 996P2 yesterday. I am programming it up with FreeSCAN. Is Wichita/Sedgwick County still on the old system?

Or do i need to program the new P25 Phase II system?

pallen444

Ok program old

Yes just program what's on this site changing to type 2 slowly I have Motorola sox but your scanner should do it by self when change.

Motorola apx

Your scanner do by self when it gos full

NEWS.

Saw my friend everything same he said maybe a long time down the road lots of work to do.

new news.

Friend told me he seen a few officers with motorola apx radios thinking soon.

dgruver911

a friend said, a friend saw....that's real reliable information.

The facts....none of us who use the Sedgwick County system have been told anything by reliable sources about any move to Phase 2. As to seeing officers carrying APX radios as a sign of a move to Phase 2? The fire department has had APX radios for 3 years or longer; before they even went to their current Phase 1 P25 system. They are the current offering by Motorola. Yes, they are Phase 2 capable. But does it mean they are definitely going to Phase 2? Hardly. It just means they needed new radios and that's all they can buy if they want Motorola radios.

I_am_Alpha1

Got some p-2 on my radio 5-7-16 detectives talking.

For clarification, are you using a Motorola radio as a scanner on the P25 system? I remember reading other posts stating it couldn't be done by regular folks as the radio will "log-in" and dispatch would disable you--something else about "keys"?????

I would rather use a Motorola vs the Uniden crap that I have.

I_am_Alpha1

search for motorola xts 5000 programing mr twister all is there.

Got it. Thank you very much. Just have to decide on what radio (phase 1 vs 2). How do you know you received phase 2 signals?

I submitted a KORA/FOIA request to the county to find out the timeline for changing to phase 2--we'll see if they reply in the allotted three days (send one two days ago to the new 911 manager and got nada). When they switched to the digital system, I submitted a request for the frequencies and talkgroups and they provided it (for a fee) which is how RR got the list.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Cant wait my motorola apx is ready for the change over.
Got some p-2 on my radio 5-7-16 detectives talking.
search for motorola xts 5000 programing mr twister all is there.

I suspect you're throwing around bovine excrement. First you claim ownership of an APX radio. Next thing we see is you claiming to overhear detectives transmitting in Phase II on 5/7. Now, you're telling people to search for XTS 5000 related equipment. I'm confused...

So, if you do in fact own an actual Motorola radio, which is it? The APX or the 5000? If it's the 5000, that radio is not Phase II capable.

Believe what you want, but stop spreading around misinformation. Others who actually use the system have told you that Sedgwick County is not Phase II and probably won't be for a while.

Last edited:

pallen444

Motorola apx 8000

Well you program a Motorola apx same way as a 5000 lol did not know that now you know

I_am_Alpha1

Phase 1 vs Phase 2

Cut & paste directly from the e-mail I received this afternoon:

I am within my three day window to respond to your original inquiry which was received on Monday. You are correct that we are operating in Phase 1. There is no timeline established thus far to move into Phase 2.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Elora Forshee| Director | Sedgwick County Emergency Communications and Management

pallen444

P-2

Radio reference has Sedgwick county as p-2 wondering why if your so right??????😊

Status
Not open for further replies.