Armstrong County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardisgray

Hello, I'm new here, first post. I've owned various scanners over the years, first was a Regency with crystals, still have it and it worked ok last I tried it, alas not compatible with the Co's new system, also various programmables. I was recently given a RS pro 163, triple trunking scanner. I took it to a local guy to have it programmed today. Apparently it is not a digital model and not usable with the new dispatch system. I was wondering what would be a good make/ model that will work in my area. Thanks.

Beardisgray

I listen to Armstrong Public Safety using a scanner app on my iPad, my last stand alone scanner was a uniden base style. I was browsing eBay today to get some idea what's out there. Would prefer to stay under $300 and stay with a base style, but if I found a nice deal on a portable model I would consider it. Not in any rush to buy, but I would really like to know which brands and models will work in my locale. I want to be able to monitor fire, ems, pd, utilities, railroad.

Voyager

You need a scanner that supports P25 trunking. There are many. Since you mentioned a portable, the best one might be the BCD325P2. It's small but handles not only P25 trunking but P25 Phase II which might be used in the future on that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.