OSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I was at WPAFB today and did catch Post 6 on my HP-2, I had to take a second take that it was actually on MARCS-IP and not MARCS. The first OSHP transmission I have ever heard on IP, but I didn't catch the TGID but saw the alpha tag, and it did sound very good.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I believe all of District 5 is now on MARCS-IP. As of this morning District 8 (Southwest Ohio) is still using original MARCS, their radios are being swapped out now and they should switch over any day now. I believe D8 is the last to transition.

KD8DVR

Post 98 in Columbus had a dead carrier for a second yesterday. A lot of discussion on the helpdesk groups. This week was a flurry of New groups becoming active. A ton of osp groups lighting up.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I believe all of District 5 is now on MARCS-IP. As of this morning District 8 (Southwest Ohio) is still using original MARCS, their radios are being swapped out now and they should switch over any day now. I believe D8 is the last to transition.

As of last week District 6 hasn't moved yet.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I thought they were going in a north to south pattern. Now it appears to be counterclockwise, starting in NE Ohio and swinging toward SE Ohio. Or I could just be off my gourd and there is no pattern to it at all. :wink: :D

Mark, N8ICW
RR DB Administrator/Moderator
Sent mobile via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hummer8290

Premium Subscriber
Did I miss something (based on conversation ) is post 18 Cuyahoga and post 28 lake/geauga switched?

budevans

Last edited:

SevnFour

Premium Subscriber
Post 12 51745

Hearing Post 12 Springfield OSP this morning on TG 51745. Nice and clear. Only seeing 1 bar on the meter for the Dayton tower from my QTH however, so everything I get is off the Greene Co. tower.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I thought they were going in a north to south pattern. Now it appears to be counterclockwise, starting in NE Ohio and swinging toward SE Ohio. Or I could just be off my gourd and there is no pattern to it at all. :wink: :D

Mark, N8ICW
RR DB Administrator/Moderator
Sent mobile via Tapatalk

Probably no pattern at all -- or if there is one, I haven't identified it either. East Ohio has been using MARCS-IP sporadically for some time now, but still the majority of time they are on the 3.5 system. So, Columbiana, Stark, Carroll, Harrison, Jefferson, Belmont areas definitely have not "switched" at this point. Just use IP when the must. So D7 hasn't switched yet.

As soon as a see/hear a sign suggesting that they've actually switched to using primarily IP I'll post about it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.