Cass County, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob1956

Feed Provider
Just opened my summer home and fired up the Dowagiac/Cass feed and just about nothing! Thought perhaps my roof antenna developed some problems over the winter and tuned in NOAA from South Bend and crystal clear and strong. RR data base shows police/fire, etc mostly still on NFM. Something change since last November? Using a PRO-2096.

bharvey2

I was in Dowagiac last July. I didn't hear much activity either but not being a native, I don't know what changes are going on. I was using a handheld scanner/antenna, around the Hwy 51/Peavine St. area. I thought it was more of an antenna issue. Although come to think of it, I wasn't picking up much on the HAM bands either.

bharvey2

The Sheriff's Dispatch looks like it's NXDN. I don't think there are any scanners that will work with that yet. Fire appears to be on NFM still so most scanners should handle that. No need for a Home Patrol, unless of course you just want one.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1240

The database is updated by users, so if we can get someone or some more local users to look over what is listed in the database for Cass county as we have it now to update to what it is now, we'll get right on it! :cool:
Whats wrong, what has changed, etc.

Also about the frequencies listed under that four year old comment-
"Cass County has a new system licensed in early 2012" ...

Been a few years and definitely more at least since 911 related items have been updated.

So apparently the following at least anyways, these are no longer are used?
Also the text in the MPSCS portion if the databse about the patch is no longer valid?
"3148 - Dispatch (patched from 155.595) "
155.59500*
155.59500*
155.79000*
155.79000*
155.61000*

joshua80

All police in cass county are on 155.595 it is patched through to Mpscs 3148 fire is still vhf 151.265 plans do show police to migrate to 800mhz full time. Not sure when.

Rob1956

Feed Provider
I suspect that the database is hopelessly out of date. If the poster above is accurate, which I suspect he is then a lot of this traffic has moved to digital phase one. The fact that my realistic Pro 2096 does not receive phase one would make sense that I'm not receiving very much. A home Patrol one would be Phase 1 compliant and I suspect would receive much more.

m297

Your PRO2096 should work perfectly fine on the MPSCS, as long as you have the new re-banded control channels loaded.

I suspect that the database is hopelessly out of date. If the poster above is accurate, which I suspect he is then a lot of this traffic has moved to digital phase one. The fact that my realistic Pro 2096 does not receive phase one would make sense that I'm not receiving very much. A home Patrol one would be Phase 1 compliant and I suspect would receive much more.

Rob1956

Feed Provider
You mentioned control channels which indicates trunking. I'm not doing any trunking whatsoever. Inputting the frequencies for each department as listed on RadioReference. Especially the ones that are listed as NFM.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Far as rebanded, this means you put in 850 Mhz frequencies and not 867-868 Mhz channels. All it means in MI is they moved frequencies down 15 Mhz is all.
No need to put in offsets, etc. like nearby IN you would have to do so.

It is not "hopelessly", that is the database, just that we haven't had any locals sending us updates in many years for Cass county. All it takes is for people to send us info on what is wrong, what to change and it will become accurate,
Its you, the public that fills in the database. So send us the info!

Not sure how?
Use this link, then click 'Submit' tab on the upper right to send in the updates. Http://www.radioreference.com/apps/submit/?ctid=1240

MPSCS updates - Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies
Then click Submit tab in the upper middle portion to send in updates.

As an admin, would like to know as far as those frequencies listed below the mention of WQPA959 are those in use, what are used as, what are the PL tones?

We look forward to get the database back up to date!

Rob1956

Feed Provider
Interesting...my other feed, Palos/Orland, IL is in an area that has millions of dollars flowing into the city governments thru taxes, etc. Yet they stick to analog NFM systems for their police, fire, ems, with few and far between digital trunked systems. Money doesn't mean everything, I guess....

Rob1956

Feed Provider
Meanwhile, Comcast, in their infinite wisdom, has taken down my internet feed at my summer place. Trying to resurrect an account from over the winter vacation hold is way too much for them to handle. Will get the feed back up on my next trip up to Indian Lake.

joshua80

If you check the mpscs data base there is a site for cassopolis. But it hasn't gone live yet. I suspect once it does they'll start to migrate to 800mhz. In the mean time can only hope the patch isn't taken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.