Kern County Fire Channel "Kern 27"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvfd625

Does anyone know the frequency(s) for KCFD's "Kern 27"? It is used in the far eastern sections of Kern County and the contracted areas of San Bernardino County.

Eng74

It is a patch that is used for units responding into the the contract response area of San Bernardino County. If 75 or 17 are on Highway 395 south of Red Mountain and north of Kramer Junction the KCFD channels have very poor coverage even being just a little outside of the county. Most of the desert station have a 800 HT from SBCoFD but it is better to stay in touch with Kern ECC since any ambulance needs will normally be filled out by Hall's in Boron or Liberty out of Ridgecrest.

hpycmpr

Per the BDC COMM GUIDE app just updated today it's 153.995 and used along the Hwy 395 corridor in the Kern Co area plus.
It's a good app for mutual aid fire freqs in the extended So Cal region. Free, too.
Steve

f40ph

Feed Provider
There is an automatic aid agreement in place between Kern and SBCo. I would expect this repeater to also be used in SBCo.

Eng74

I can confirm that KRN 27 is 153.9950 with a PL 167.9. I just got the radio plan changes that will start in May. Adding a KRN 6 and Tac V6 also KRN 7 and Tac V7 along with some other changes.

kma371

QRT
I can confirm that KRN 27 is 153.9950 with a PL 167.9. I just got the radio plan changes that will start in May. Adding a KRN 6 and Tac V6 also KRN 7 and Tac V7 along with some other changes.

Have we heard any use on it, or is this info coming from that app that went online people are talking about?

cvfd625

Kern Fire Radio Channel Plan Update

Do you have more info on the channel plan? I work with Chief Moon through my work and it sounds as if the XKE MA channels are getting some changes also. Thx

kma371

QRT
And do the Alpha Tags in the RR database match the KCFD/BFD radios alpha tags?

Alpha tags in the database aren't meant to match the actual channel names, they are more for clarity. In this case, the description field more accurately represents the channel names used on the air.

The channel numbers in the alpha tags do represent the actual channels as they are set up in the radio.

kma371

QRT
Do you have more info on the channel plan? I work with Chief Moon through my work and it sounds as if the XKE MA channels are getting some changes also. Thx

The database has been updated with the most current channel plan provided by an anonymous source. The mutual aid channels have been added as well.

cvfd625

The database has been updated with the most current channel plan provided by an anonymous source. The mutual aid channels have been added as well.
I don't think they have made the switch to the new channel naming conventions.

Also, I have the UHF side frequencies for the XKE repeaters as they are cross-banded. We use them regularly at work when our ERT runs calls in Battalion 2. The UHF transmits and receives really well even on the west side of the valley.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cvfd625

Alpha tags in the database aren't meant to match the actual channel names, they are more for clarity. In this case, the description field more accurately represents the channel names used on the air.

The channel numbers in the alpha tags do represent the actual channels as they are set up in the radio.
It would be helpful if the alpha tags matched the fire department's naming convention. As they still use the "Kern 1, 2..." naming convention. But I can change that in my programming software.

kma371

QRT
It would be helpful if the alpha tags matched the fire department's naming convention. As they still use the "Kern 1, 2..." naming convention. But I can change that in my programming software.

By "Kern 1, 2.." do you mean Kern 1 is what is listed as Channel 1, and Kern 2 is what is listed as Channel 2?

Well, that's pretty much the same thing so I don't know if it makes much difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.