Hartford FD simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansky

What is the Hartford FD simulcast on 154.31 used for? In the past 2 hours I have only heard one dispatch for a medical call.

MFCJR

All the Hartford fire channels are on there. When they are busy they cut each other off.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
The 154.3100 freq is a repeater from the edacs system that has all the fire incident channels. For example if you hear district 2 say incident 2 that means they are operating on the edcas but its also coming across on the 154.3100 side

cg

Premium Subscriber
I thought it was Dispatch (priority), Incident 1, 2, & 3 only. Incident 4 & 5 are not on the 154.3100 repeater.

chris

a417

It's more of a simulcast than a repeater, and it used to be all 5 channels.

I recall sitting in area 5 hearing all 5 incidents get used on busy nights...maybe things have changed.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
believe it or not I get them with a bit of static but I can hear them on my 996P2 here in West Haven that has to be one good repeater or good location or both.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Yeah i get them with static sometime from my house near southington mountain depending on the weather, some days clear and some days static. Not to ch age the subject but waterbury used to have a simulcast a long time ago but was disbanned, youncould hear that from a part of the state

ansky

Yeah i get them with static sometime from my house near southington mountain depending on the weather, some days clear and some days static. Not to ch age the subject but waterbury used to have a simulcast a long time ago but was disbanned, youncould hear that from a part of the state

Yes, Waterbury used to simulcast on 154.415. I was able to pick it up from Farmington back in the 90s. Also, New Britain used to have a simulcast on 154.235 but that has been shut down as well.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Actually, those were the primary frequencies for all three departments. When each went to 800MHz trunking, the simulcasts were established to allow non-800MHz neighboring departments to still be able to hear them.

chris

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Hartford VHF

Hartford's VHF frequency was also used to page off duty fire fighters, this was ten years ago, things may have changed.

I know the VHF was late to the narrow-banding game, still running wide band for several months after the deadline. Was a drastic difference when they did finally narrow band.

It used to be several hundred watts from the top of St. Francis hospital, but the power was licensed back to 80 watts with narrow banding.

When I was a FF in Berkshire County, we used to get a ton of interference from them in south county. There were times when the county dispatcher couldn't hear units in the south due to Hartford's flame thrower signal.
It was fun, however, to bring our fire pagers with us to Whalers games and listen to HFD on them.

Alarmroom

Premium Subscriber
Hartford Fire Simulcast

The crossband is a Vertex VXR7000 and is 50 watts located at Mt. Sinai Hospital. Unit is part of the CRCOG EFS-2 Communications.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Waterbury used to simulcast on 154.415. I was able to pick it up from Farmington back in the 90s. Also, New Britain used to have a simulcast on 154.235 but that has been shut down as well.

Originally that was Waterbury's operational frequency. It was also Nassau County's MedComm frequency for their ambulances too. Waterbury switched to 800 in the late 90's and only simulcasted for a short time until all the radios were changed over..

A few years back Waterbury who still had the license for VHF decided to simulcast again. This time it was short lived do to LCD I believe having an adjacent frequency or rights to that one. There were some other rumors floating around as to why they stopped also.

Down where I live, 154.31 is also Stratford fire. It's hard to pick up Hartford down this way on VHF but some days it comes in okay. Until Stratford has a run! lol

Last edited:

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
my understanding is that that frequency is only broadcasting the main fire dispatch channel from the citywide EDACS system if they goto and "Incident" channel you will not hear them except for the IC you will primarily hear Medical on channel 1.
I will monitor more closely

cg

Premium Subscriber
The 154.3100 repeats all traffic from the EDACS trunked system below:

Fire Dispatch - TGID 545 (04-041) Priority in the 154.3100 transmitter
Incident 1 - TGID 546 (04-042)
Incident 2 - TGID 547 (04-043)
Incident 3 - TGID 548 (04-044)
Incident 4 - TGID 553 (04-051)
Incident 5 - TGID 554 (04-052)

They had a busy day this past week where Incident 4 & 5 were used. Contrary to what I had posted earlier, they are on the simulcast as thebigphish had posted.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.