Frequency Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner01

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any idea what the Truro Public Works frequency is? Years ago it was 159.345 MHZ FM on VHF but that has since changed and nobody i talk to knows anything about it. Industry Canada's website on frequency info is useless too with "Page Not Found" coming up. I use to be able to get several business and departments like TPW on VHF but most switched to TMR1 and now that its practically obsolete what are people using now if TMR2 is all public safety? Truro Public Works as far as i know never switched to TMR1 as i was never able to get them on my scanner. They are obviously still using radios as their trucks still have whips but nowhere on gods green earth can i find any information on this issue. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

scanner01

Premium Subscriber
Yeah thanks i already checked there. But see thats what im talking about they have radios but where are the frequencies or talkgroups? Its like they fell off the side of the earth into the abyss. If they are not using UHF or VHF or TMR1 or TMR2 than what could they be using?! Could they be using LTR or EDACS? Tho i havnt heard of any Nova Scotia agencies using those radio systems before.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
Have you scanned through the spectrum for new control channels ? How about them moving to some other channel once used by fire or police ? On some county freq ? How long are the whips on the trucks ?

scanner01

Premium Subscriber
Yes ive tried all that. Whips on the trucks are 4 footers. I had no problem picking them up years ago but then out of nowhere one day i couldnt. The frequency isnt listed on the industry canada website which gives me the impression they might be using a digital radio system like the new Tmr2 system.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Also found this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160326-092612.jpg
    Screenshot_20160326-092612.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 355

hfxChris

Database Admin
Can't quite see your screenshot there, but I'm assuming I found the same results, 458.8125 and 458.6625 both licensed as simplex. I can't seem to find a repeater. These could also very well be a SCADA-type control system for automatic monitoring of water and waste water systems, especially where it's licensed to so many locations. If you hear a bunch of data noises, chirps and what not, then forget these frequencies.

scanner01

Premium Subscriber
That screen shot is frequencies for the County Public Works not for The Town Of Truro Public Works Dept. Your effort tho is appricated!

hfxChris

Database Admin
Yeah I figured it was some sort of telemetry. Halifax Water has a whole pile of licensed transmitters all over the city, all they do all day is send out little blips and bleeps.

It wouldn't totally surprise me if Truro public works was on TMR2. HRM Public Works is, so I think there's a precedent, even if Industry Canada doesn't really like it. Do you have a scanner that can do P25 trunking?

Another thought, if they are still on conventional, your scanner probably has a Close Call (Uniden term - I think GRE/Whisler calls it Spectrum Sweeper) function you could try using. You have to be fairly near to one of them while they're transmitting, visual range sort of thing.

scanner01

Premium Subscriber
Yep i got a grecom psr600c scanner downloaded with info from RR. Ive tried all their old vhf frequencies with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.