Newberg Fire & WCFD #2 sign contracts with TVF&R

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber

PaulNDaOC

Even down here in Southern Calif TVFR is known as being a progressive and innovative department but I'm surprised, but really shouldn't be, that it's reach now extends into four counties.

Good for you guys.

Last edited:

taborj

I'm guessing that's going to make it more difficult/impossible to listen to Newberg-only fire dispatch, right? Right now, it's pretty nice -- I just keep my Newberg only TGs in a subgroup, and only have that subgroup selected. This means I'm not hearing all of WashCo dispatch calls which are of no interest to me.

But that's small potatoes to the benefits it sounds like Newberg is getting.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
They will be dispatched by WCCCA so that most likely means that they would switch to Wash Co Dispatch and Ops 34. However, once the merger takes effect Newberg call information will show up in the WCCCA online fire CAD.

Joint CAD Incident Tracking System

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure about Ops 34? I can understand District 2 using 34 for their calls because call volume is so low, but adding Newberg to an already busy channel would create some headaches. Also, that would leave six ops channels, a "talk-around" TG, and a dispatch TG for Dundee...I have to wonder if those channels are going to be "reclaimed" or re-purposed into a new comm plan. that benefits everyone on the WCCCA system.

Baker845

That would make sense,I'm sure there going to re-pursing the Newberg Fire TGs. I'll ask around about that.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure about Ops 34? I can understand District 2 using 34 for their calls because call volume is so low, but adding Newberg to an already busy channel would create some headaches.

I don't know for sure what they'll use but as of right now all TVFR units use Ops 34 unless told otherwise by the dispatcher. I agree, Ops 34 is very busy. I've always wondered why they don't break up TVFR's large district into at least a couple of TGs.

ORE007

Feed Provider
As of right now Newberg dispatch will receive the 911 call and transfer it to WCCCA who will dispatch the Newberg units. No discussions yet on what tg they will go to.

DickH

As of right now Newberg dispatch will receive the 911 call and transfer it to WCCCA who will dispatch the Newberg units. No discussions yet on what tg they will go to.

I hope they will simulcast on 453.8375. I get them perfectly in SE Portland on my little $30 Baofeng UV-82 (Along with Skamania, Cowlitz, Columbia County, etc.).

DickH

I hope they will simulcast on 453.8375. I get them perfectly in SE Portland on my little $30 Baofeng UV-82 (Along with Skamania, Cowlitz, Columbia County, etc.).

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the heads up on this; it will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the two year contract.

DickH

Who is simulcasting on that frequency?

Are you referring to 453.8375? I am getting Yamhill county fire dispatch on that freq. now.
(if you would use the "QUOTE" button, we would know who you are answering.)

Baker845

ORE007, There isn't any simulcasting on Yamhill fire dispatch UHF freq, other then VHF tapout freq. Yamhill county uses Simulcast UHF system.

Last edited:

ORE007

Feed Provider
ORE007, There isn't any simulcasting on Yamhill fire dispatch UHF freq, other then VHF tapout freq. Yamhill county uses Simulcast UHF system.

I didn't think so either but Dick mentioned it so I was just trying to get a clarification.

ORE007

Feed Provider
Are you referring to 453.8375? I am getting Yamhill county fire dispatch on that freq. now.
(if you would use the "QUOTE" button, we would know who you are answering.)

Newberg is not being dispatched by YCOM and I am not aware of any simulcast from the Newberg 800 talk groups

DickH

I didn't think so either but Dick mentioned it so I was just trying to get a clarification.

I said, "I HOPE they will simulcast on 453.8375. " I don't know who "they" is, but it seems to be Yamhill county and the RR database shows 453.8375 as Yamhill county dispatch.

Baker845

453.8375 is Yamhill county dispatch. Just Newberg never been dispatched on that frequency when i have listened to it. 163.25000 is Yamhill counties paging frequency. all the tones go over that frequency for dispatching everyone but Newberg.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
I said, "I HOPE they will simulcast on 453.8375. "

So do I.

453.8375 is Yamhill county dispatch. Just Newberg never been dispatched on that frequency when i have listened to it. 163.25000 is Yamhill counties paging frequency. all the tones go over that frequency for dispatching everyone but Newberg.

163.25 is tapout/paging for calls county wide. Both YCOM, Newberg and Dundee use it. (That might change to just Dundee with the Newberg-TVF&R thing happening)

453.8375 is the main freq county fire agencies respond on.

460.2625 is the main freq Mac responds on.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
And for Baker845, if you're down south, you might not hear Newberg and Dundee on 163.25 because the way it works, Station 82 (Newberg Dispatch) might only have access to the tower on Bald Peak for paging whereas YCOM has it set up to Simulcast on all towers exactly like their UHF freqs. Which is a new feature in the last couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.