Frederick Co. monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I used to be able to use my PRO-96 to listen in on Frederick County. Is this still possible , or has something changed on their system?
I'm sure this was discussed somewhere some time but I haven't found it yet.

marksmith

Off hand I don't remember if Frederick system uses 700 mz frequencies. If so, the pro96 can't monitor it.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

troymail

Silent Key
It's possible that something has changed recently. Others in the area would be able to confirm/deny. It's been a hard to receive system for many years now.

700 Mhz is only used in the south on the Brunswick site. If you're really in Franklin County, you're more likely only being dealing with 800 Mhz frequencies on the main simulcast site.

When were you last able to receive the system?

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
it's been some time , I was just checking out the old 96, going through the programming and such. I noticed that I wasn't getting much if anything in the areas of Maryland that I had programmed .

wmbio

Fred co

Their fire alert on hi band is loud and clear, 153.84500 MHZ . You may want to try to put the digital system in again using the single control channel, 854.98750 and set the unit to search the for tg's

PS I was in Hagerstown Thursday and did not hear the system.

Good Luck
Wmbio

marksmith

Their fire alert on hi band is loud and clear, 153.84500 MHZ . You may want to try to put the digital system in again using the single control channel, 854.98750 and set the unit to search the for tg's

PS I was in Hagerstown Thursday and did not hear the system.

Good Luck
Wmbio
Hagerstown is sort of on the edge for the Frederick system, but I have received it that far west. Usually listening to Washington by then. Usually pick Frederick up while still in Howard on the east side and monitor until over the mountain while heading west.

Using the 800mz control channel on search is a good idea.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

josh0207

Premium Subscriber
I drive threw central Washington county every day and get transmissions here and their from frederick county depending on my location...I also live in southern Franklin county and have a 800 mhz yagi antenna outside and have a hard time picking up frederick county...was wondering if anyone else in the Waynesboro area has had any luck picking up this system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

josh0207

Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty sure I found out why I'm not able to pick up frederick county reliably...there is a cell tower about a half of a mile from me...when I walk around my yard...I found that when I go behind my house with my yagi antenna the signal increases...I guess it's because of the house being between the cell tower and the yagi antenna...still really not enough signal tho... does anyone have and ideas how to get good reception on a 800 mhz system that close to a cell tower...was wondering if there was a filter available to block the cell signal from interfering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.