Vermont State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjfswkr

Hi all,
Why does VT SP radio system suck? I can barely hear their transmissions. I am driving through Bradford VT and cant hear the Bradford office.

kevin

Septa3371CSX1

What are you using to try to monitor?

When I was up there last August I received the VT SP UHF Conventional channels fine on my Pro 651 and Pro 97.

Blackink

Hi all,
Why does VT SP radio system suck? I can barely hear their transmissions. I am driving through Bradford VT and cant hear the Bradford office.

kevin

Maybe it's their radio system or the tower they're using. I agree with you, I don't get a clear enough signal to even listen to them on my BCT15X base scanner with an ST2 exterior antenna mounted 35' in the air.

I can pick up signals 30 miles further away from the Bradford area on this scanner better than what I can hear the signal from the Bradford State Police.
From where I'm at, Central Vermont near East Montpelier, I can hear Newport State police dispatch better than Bradford, which is about half the distance from Newport, VT.

The State Police frequencies aren't all as bad as the Bradford one though.

ecps92

I've always been amazed at how well VT sounds. Even into NH and MA

Maybe it was just the one tower they were using at the time for your listening

Hi all,

kevin

kjfswkr

Hi all, I am using a BCD536 Uniden. This is happening all the time. The only one I seem to hear with any clarity is Rockingham. I live in NH but work in VT, NHSP comes in great all the time but not Vermont. I also have an antenna mounted on hood lip.

kevin

Septa3371CSX1

Could very well be the position of the transmitter on the tower as well as the location of the tower. If the transmitter is not at the top of the tower but further down the signal may not be getting out very well. Also take into consideration the narrow band modulation being used now. It's possible that is affecting the signal as well. I'm not familiar with the geography of that area so I can't say whether or not the tower is on top of a mountain or down in a valley.

mfdbenji

Premium Subscriber
I know since the Dispatch center consolidation in the fall of 2015, more times then not, VSP Bradford and VSP St J are patched together. Not sure if this would cause interference with your listening or not.

Blackink

I know since the Dispatch center consolidation in the fall of 2015, more times then not, VSP Bradford and VSP St J are patched together. Not sure if this would cause interference with your listening or not.

I hear St J., albeit a weak signal but I can still make out what is being said, most of the time. Not the Bradford barracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.