Azle PD unable to Receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
For many years Azle PD was FM 155.310 in the last couple weeks i can no longer receive dispatch or PD... However i can still get the FD on FM 154.055.Has the PD went P25 or something... i cant find any answers.
thanks

nd5y

If you have 155.31 programmed with a CTCSS tone, get rid of it. See if you hear anything then.

Seach the FCC database for new licenses, modifications to existing licenses, or frequencies that aren't in the RRDB.

Search the City of Azle web site for council minutes and agendas for bids for new radios and/or interlocal agreements for use of other cities' radio systems.

If they switched to the Parker County or FWRRS trunked systems you most likely will have to search those yourself to find the talkgroups.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
You might also try 154.7625. It's listed on the an Azle license but I see no reference to in our DB.

Russell

AA5ST

Azle Police main channel is down right now, they are working
on channel 2 154.7625 MHZ NFM pl 82.5 this channel has low
volume and low signal/power it’s antenna is on the water tower
off 199 highway Southeast in the city instead of the water tower
by Wal-mart.

Michael Stuart - AA5ST
Azle, Texas - Parker County

SCPD

QRT
Thanks to all... i had tried every couple days on the city website..google...FCC etc.. i had the 154.7625 active before and nothing... but i just reactivated and will leave it... also found a 155.6775 that i am getting some Azle traffic on... and yes i have the channels set to auto and search for mod & sq...
BTW post #3 is my feed :)

AA5ST

Tom and the group

155.6775 is the input to 154.7625 with pl 82.5 for Azle P.D.
Channel 2, for license WPEN433. The input has a different
pl that I would rather not list.

The 154.7625 does not have the same coverage or power as
155.3100 does, that might be why some are having a hard
time receiving it.

I have never got a hit on 155.6925 so I don’t know what it’s
use for.

Michael Stuart - AA5ST

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
155.6775 is the input to 154.7625 with pl 82.5 for Azle P.D.
Channel 2, for license WPEN433. The input has a different
pl that I would rather not list.

Very good. It is the policy of RR not to list (or even store) the input Tones to public safety systems.

Thanks,
Russell

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I'm hearing strong p25 transmissions on 155.31 in benbrook.

I didn't catch enough audio to verify who it was.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Azle Police main channel is down right now, they are working
on channel 2 154.7625 MHZ NFM pl 82.5 this channel has low
volume and low signal/power it’s antenna is on the water tower
off 199 highway Southeast in the city instead of the water tower
by Wal-mart.

Michael Stuart - AA5ST
My understanding is that when sprint went on the tower the platform broke free a day caused the main antenna to wind up at a very weird angle affecting performance.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

racehorse5000

Azle PD problem is interference on 155.310mhz. The problem is Glen Heights is now P25 with a nac of 293. I receive the Glen Heights signal very strong in Azle on my XTS5000 handheld. Glen Heights is in northern Ellis County. Azle PD is using 154.7625 mhz

Project25_MASTR

Azle PD primary should be up again. A couple of things about it...

The cause of the site going down was due to a loss of power and a missed tick mark in the KPG software causing the repeater to reboot with repeat mode disabled.

The big issue with the repeater was water intrusion of the 7/8" heliax which caused coverage issues. As of today, the DB224 and 7/8" heliax was repalced with 1/2" heliax and a Telewave ANT1506-9 (look up there and look for the antenna that sticks out color wise) which also offers a little more downtilt over the 224.

The repeater was previously in a voter configuration which has been unhooked for the time being with plans to eventually bring it back online.

Also worth noting the Azle FD repeater's antenna was little crooked and has now be straightened out.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Also worth noting the Azle FD repeater's antenna was little crooked and has now be straightened out.

That's good... Their handheld radios didn't work on the other side of the lake near stinger field.

Project25_MASTR

That's good... Their handheld radios didn't work on the other side of the lake near stinger field.

I did Pelican Bay's FD repeater's antenna and feedline replacement Friday...that one had a blown fuse in the TKR. Took down the Ringo Ranger looking 1/2 over 5/8 antenna, the mess of RG-8, 7/8 heliax, and 1/2 heliax that fed it and ran a straight run of 1/2". Haven't checked on that one to see how it's performing though.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Took down the Ringo Ranger looking 1/2 over 5/8 antenna, the mess of RG-8, 7/8 heliax, and 1/2 heliax that fed it and ran a straight run of 1/2". Haven't checked on that one to see how it's performing though.
I cringe thinking of how many life safety-critical public safety repeaters are running on installations like this. Bet they didn't have backup power or proper grounding/surge suppression either. And watch out for the breaker/fuse on the PA on that TKR. 5W exciter power gets out surprisingly far, but not nearly as far as 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.