City of Maricopa Police & Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7LQR

A recent newspaper article stated that with the completion of the new Maricopa Police Department sub-station and installation of a 180' tower that communications for the city's police and fire departments would no longer be outsourced - police currently being dispatched by the Buckeye Police Department and fire being dispatched by Phoenix Fire. In light of this, does anyone have any information on what frequency(s) both departments will be using for dispatch? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

73',
John N7LQR
Maricopa, AZ

WIS262

The City of Maricopa will operate their own PSAP which will answer all incoming 911 calls for the city. They will take over dispatching of the Maricopa Police Department from the City of Buckeye. Fire & Medical calls for service will still be transferred to PFDRDC for dispatch of Maricopa Fire.

As far as the freqs, I don't know. Part of the RWC? Part of the not yet created Pinal County P25 system?

Don't they have their own talk-groups separate from Buckeye PD that MPD would regain control of?

KB7MIB

Maricopa PD has their own TG's on the RWC. I would have to guess that the only thing changing is who is answering the phones and dispatching the officers. It'll be done in house rather than by Buckeye.

So the only change that listeners may notice is the voices of the dispatchers.

John
Peoria

WIS262

Maricopa PD has their own TG's on the RWC. I would have to guess that the only thing changing is who is answering the phones and dispatching the officers. It'll be done in house rather than by Buckeye.

So the only change that listeners may notice is the voices of the dispatchers.

John
Peoria

exactly!

Quint6

what names & numbers do they use shift, beat, etc? (ex 2Paul11, 7mary3, 1Adam-12 etc...)

WIS262

what names & numbers do they use shift, beat, etc? (ex 2Paul11, 7mary3, 1Adam-12 etc...)

When I dispatched them while at Pinal County, they used their two-digit badge numbers. Regular numbers were patrol. Sam units were sergeants. Lincoln Lieutenants. Tom traffic. Pretty comparable to others.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The talkgroups listed under the RWC in the DB are the known talkgroups for the City of Maricopa. These will likely not change once the city takes over PD dispatch from Buckeye. This has not happened yet as dispatchers still have Buckeye Radio IDs (709xxx). I have logged new console IDs 617001, 617002, and 617003 that showed up in late March. These are likely the new radio consoles for the future dispatchers.

I have logged talkgroups 2596, 2595, and 2594 that I'm guessing also belong to Maricopa PD. I have not caught enough activity on these talkgroups to positively identify. If anyone catches channel names or usage for these talkgroups, please submit to the DB.

N7LQR

Thank you so much for notifying everyone that the Maricopa Police Department is now dispatching their own officers. In regard to this, I have two questions.

1. Are you receiving a good, strong signal from the department there in Ahwatukkee?

2. I am assuming the transmissions are APCO 25 P2; if this is true, what brand of radio do you recommend to receive these broadcasts?

Thanks, again.

John N7LQR
Maricopa, AZ

KB7MIB

2. They are on the RWC, which is currently still P25 Phase I.
Supposedly, the RWC will go to P25 Phase II, but that is still a year or two away.

John
Peoria

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
City of Maricopa Police & Fire

1. Reception in Ahwatukee is good as Simulcast C is designed to cover Ahwatukee and Chandler. I do have some simulcast distortion issues that plague scanners as I can receive multiple transmitters. My BCD436HP works the best as my scanners that are connected to attic antennas pull in too much signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.