UHF Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

leitung

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any recommendations for a UHF analog repeater (450-470) available for rent and use in the Pierce County/King county area with good coverage of Tacoma. I am sitting on a pack of UHF radios and would like to press them into service for security company usage. We don't have the funds to setup our own at the moment. I fired emails off to a couple of local outfits but I was hoping to make a connection here.

Thanks for any help in advance.

leitung

Premium Subscriber
I spoke to a couple of companies already, most want me to either get on a trunked network, or digital (meaning replace all of our equipment) or buy a repeater. (Which I would never get past the higher ups)

Basically I need something that maybe someone has sitting idle or wants to rent out, and keep legal and licensed. Would like it to be private but I would consider a shared one as well. If you know of one that we can try out or discuss rates on I am all ears.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Bigger and more challenging issue is whether or not you have frequencies licensed for you to use?

leitung

Premium Subscriber
Not at this time, I guess that was part of the questions I had is can I even legally rent a repeater in that manner..

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Individuals, Business, and Companies will allow you enter into a contract where to can use their infrastructure. The trend has been going much in the way of which you already described (i.e. trunked, digital, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.