Yaesu: FTM400DR APRS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheld18

Feed Provider
Greetings

I run APRS on my Yaesu FTM400DR. I have it set to where every incoming beacon interrupts the frequency display and displays the beacon information for 5 seconds, however I notice that not every beacon will interrupt the frequency display, but it will show up on the station list. Has anybody else dealt with this, and if so, what settings have you messed around with to fix this?

Craig

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Hi Craig -

Don't take this as a fact, but I THINK I remember reading that the FTM-400 only displays beacons that are new (that it has not seen before). Does this make any sense as to what you're seeing?

John AC4JK

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I assume you have RTFM. It has been over a year since I have, so cannot be more specific. I do not have TFM downloaded on the computer I am currently using. It is available from the Yaesu web site. The VX8 will beep each time but only displays the last beacon received. Is there a difference between a beacon from a repeater or I-Gate versus RF? I am going to have to RTFM again before the upcoming possible flood season.

k6cpo

I assume you have RTFM. It has been over a year since I have, so cannot be more specific. I do not have TFM downloaded on the computer I am currently using. It is available from the Yaesu web site. The VX8 will beep each time but only displays the last beacon received. Is there a difference between a beacon from a repeater or I-Gate versus RF? I am going to have to RTFM again before the upcoming possible flood season.

There is a 97 page manual just for APRS on the FTM-400. This is above and beyond the manual that comes boxed with the radio. Everything is covered in much greater detail.

There are also separate manuals for the GM and WIRES-X functions of the radio. All can be downloaded from the Yaesu website for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.