Panola County

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsonewcomer

I heard a few rumors they weren't at all happy with TRBO and I see MSWIN licenses now. Just wondering. Is this county fire departments, too? What about Batesville PD and Batesville Fire?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I hope Oxford does the same.

Done,
Oxford is going MSWIN, all City Departments.
But in other news, University of MS is not budging at this time. Maybe the switch by Oxford will push them to move over? MSU won't unless they have issues with the Harris P25 IP they and Starkville/Oktibbiheehaw Co. upgraded to from the EDACS.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Expect them to begin transition by Summer 2016 barring any unforeseen issues. City of Jackson will begin transition process late Fall 2016, and be full MSWIN by Fall 2017. I fully expect entire Hinds County transition by 2018.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
OK... Hope you sitting down this will take a minute.

Firstly, the entire process has to step by step get political approval of expenditures and activities by the "Powers that Be". Then comes the process of finding and vetting and approving an Vendor/Vendors. Then purchase of HT's, Mobiles, Consoles for FD, PD, DPW, SD, P&R, WD etc. TG assignment/allocation thus work with MWCC. Then actual installation, programming, and training on the new system.

That's without an single hiccup ANYWHERE along the chain of process. And with say, Hinds County, you have to add in upgrade of the entire current Smart Zone system. Which can take up to a year. (Same thing going on in Warren, DeSoto, Washington, and the others converting.)

Speaking of: Has anyone logged the upgrade for Washington? New site number etc? We have the TG's so far, but that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.