Need Help BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

klemj4805

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to upload Butler County, Ohio MARCS IP to the scanner. I can get the information from this site downloaded into the scanner and after programming it just says trying to find control channel. Any help appreciated

Thanks

Jim

klemj4805

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't appear that the channel is locked. I am literally on the border to this county with a tower not to far away. Guess I'm just really lost!

mdulrich

Feed Provider
I'm trying to upload Butler County, Ohio MARCS IP to the scanner. I can get the information from this site downloaded into the scanner and after programming it just says trying to find control channel. Any help appreciated

Thanks

Jim

Try programming the control channel in as a conventional frequency and see if you can hear it.

Mike

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A couple of other possibilities (some remote):

If there is a Quick Key for the site(s), it could be disabled.

Your antenna could be disconnected, or not firmly seated.

They may be using a frequency for the control channel that isn't marked as a control channel in the database and therefore was not downloaded during programming.

The site(s) may otherwise not be correctly programmed. (A lot of little things are involved, any of which could be an issue).

As a rule "Finding Control Channel" means you are holding on a talkgroup/system and the scanner is not receiving control channel data.

Voyager

Anytime the scanner cannot decode the control channel, it says "finding control channel". Yes, any interference including simulcast distortion could cause it.

N8IAA

Doesn't appear that the channel is locked. I am literally on the border to this county with a tower not to far away. Guess I'm just really lost!

Do you have the alternate CC's loaded as well as the main CC?
What is your squelch setting?
What type of antenna are you using?
These all affect how the scanner will receive the signal.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.