New NIFOG v 1.6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PACNWDude

Thank you for posting the link. I still use this often foremergency response situations. My hard copy versions are older though, so some pen and ink changes are sometimes done.

ecps92

The Author generally has links to where you can download the various PDF versions
ie; Large 8 1/2 x 11, as well as pocket size for printing at your local Staples etc

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/nifog/info

Thank you for posting the link. I still use this often foremergency response situations. My hard copy versions are older though, so some pen and ink changes are sometimes done.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I see that the RadioReference database was updated. It appears now that some of the VHF National Interoperability channel names are now duplicated, because they can be either analog or P25. I wonder if I'm missing something. It seems like if you have two VCALL10 channels, but one is digital and one is analog, radio users might have some trouble making a connection with each other. Likewise, on the VTACs. Hopefully, I'm just missing something, and this is not a huge mistake on the planners' part. Can anyone please explain the change or correct me?

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7742

ecps92

I don't recall P25 being allowed on the VHF/UHF ( Non-Federal VHF National Interoperability Channels ) Part 90 Interops, and can't find that info in the NIFOG either.

P25 is par

I see that the RadioReference database was updated. It appears now that some of the VHF National Interoperability channel names are now duplicated, because they can be either analog or P25. I wonder if I'm missing something. It seems like if you have two VCALL10 channels, but one is digital and one is analog, radio users might have some trouble making a connection with each other. Likewise, on the VTACs. Hopefully, I'm just missing something, and this is not a huge mistake on the planners' part. Can anyone please explain the change or correct me?

National Interoperability Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

nd5y

I don't recall P25 being allowed on the VHF/UHF ( Non-Federal VHF National Interoperability Channels ) Part 90 Interops, and can't find that info in the NIFOG either.
I think it was in there several years ago and was removed in the past couple years.
Back about 15 years ago Texas decided all interop channels were going to be P25 by 2015 but ditched that idea around 2012. Maybe some other state is doing it now and somebody submitted their local plan.

ecps92

I was thinking that, as there are LOCAL Options (PL/DPL) in some states on what by Freq only would be the 800 Tacs, but need to be labeled with the Local Naming Conventions

I think it was in there several years ago and was removed in the past couple years.
Back about 15 years ago Texas decided all interop channels were going to be P25 by 2015 but ditched that idea around 2012. Maybe some other state is doing it now and somebody submitted their local plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.