BCD325P2 I-call ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can someone explain I-CALL ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I-Call" is Uniden's term; Private Call is the name used by the object oriented scanners manufactured by the late GRE, and now Whistler, also sold by Radio Shack.

The simplest answer is that an I-Call is a conversation between two specific radios, whether it's two mobile units, a base and one mobile (or hand-held),or any two users on the system. The radio traffic on the system is not heard by any of the other users, just the one's on that specific call.

Also see I-Call - The RadioReference Wiki

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

dosboot

I did the manual is not helpful, in my programming software it had a place to enable I-call I selected it I'm assuming it works.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I did the manual is not helpful, in my programming software it had a place to enable I-call I selected it I'm assuming it works.

Input the letter "i" before the Radio ID.

[EDIT] I see phask and W8RMH already give clues on how to do. If I've seen that before, I wouldn't of responded.

Last edited:

scottyhetzel

"I-Call" is Uniden's term; Private Call is the name used by the object oriented scanners manufactured by the late GRE, and now Whistler, also sold by Radio Shack.

The simplest answer is that an I-Call is a conversation between two specific radios, whether it's two mobile units, a base and one mobile (or hand-held),or any two users on the system. The radio traffic on the system is not heard by any of the other users, just the one's on that specific call.

Also see I-Call - The RadioReference Wiki

Wrong, depends on the system and the area....the edacs old system in riverside county had I-call standing for individual call. Deputies would say Tom 32 to tom 36 on individual. Basically like using the old Nextel two way.

Status
Not open for further replies.