RPI 3 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

coling223

Good afternoon,
I have a RPI 3 that, up until this week was running my broadcastify feed flawlessly. I also use it to run Two Tone Detect. After a power outage of about 12 hours, it no longer streams the feed. I have restarted it, attempted to manually start darkice, and when I enter $sudo service darkice1 status it comes up with "active (exited)" but does not give any kind of specific error.
It is connecting to the internet, as the web browser works on it, and the OS is not corrupted that I can tell, it works normally accessing it through a remote desktop connection.

Anyone else experienced this?

Any help is much appreciated, I'm sure I've forgotten some detail here that is pertinent.

DC31

Feed Provider
Good afternoon,
I have a RPI 3 that, up until this week was running my broadcastify feed flawlessly. I also use it to run Two Tone Detect. After a power outage of about 12 hours, it no longer streams the feed. I have restarted it, attempted to manually start darkice, and when I enter $sudo service darkice1 status it comes up with "active (exited)" but does not give any kind of specific error.
It is connecting to the internet, as the web browser works on it, and the OS is not corrupted that I can tell, it works normally accessing it through a remote desktop connection.

Anyone else experienced this?

Any help is much appreciated, I'm sure I've forgotten some detail here that is pertinent.

Is your TwoToneDetect running properly?

DC31

Feed Provider
"Is your TwoToneDetect running properly?"

It is not, I just tested it.

I suspect your problem is with pulseaudio then. I have had trouble with it with the newer pis. I haven't figured out a solution. Sometimes it seems to work and other times not

coling223

I looked into the pulse audio, made sure it was correctly assigned and such. I re-started TTD and darkice as root and they both work fine now. I have a sneaking suspicion, that this will be an issue again next time the pi reboots. Any insight?

radiotrack1

Feed Provider
I am currently sending my audio feed from a pc running windows and icecast. I am attempting to change it over to my RPi3. I am using the RPi to currently feed adsb data and trying to free up the pc. I have followed the guide listed on radioreference and everything seems to load properly. I stop icecast on the pc and when I start darkice on the RPi my feed constantly shows offline. I did a darkice status and it also shows "Active (exited)" I am not running two tone detect. Any ideas on how to correct the connection issue for darkice?

DC31

Feed Provider
I am currently sending my audio feed from a pc running windows and icecast. I am attempting to change it over to my RPi3. I am using the RPi to currently feed adsb data and trying to free up the pc. I have followed the guide listed on radioreference and everything seems to load properly. I stop icecast on the pc and when I start darkice on the RPi my feed constantly shows offline. I did a darkice status and it also shows "Active (exited)" I am not running two tone detect. Any ideas on how to correct the connection issue for darkice?

Have you read through this thread?

http://forums.radioreference.com/br...adcastify-raspberry-pi-image-available-2.html

radiotrack1

Feed Provider

Yes I have. Nothing in it addresses trouble shooting darkice or mention the status of "Active (exited)"

Are you sugessting that I run the precompiled image? If you noticed in my original post I stated "I am using the RPi to currently feed adsb data". So a precompiled image of just darkice will not work for me. I need both to run at the same time on my Raspberry.

DC31

Feed Provider
I failed to metion. I followed this guide. Raspberry Pi Broadcastify Build - The RadioReference Wiki I have found in the darkice1 config file weather I enter in the correct or incorrect information for mount point and password I still get "Active (exited )" when I do a darkice status.

Try simply typing darkice at the command line. See what sort of message that returns. If your configuration file is darkice1.cfg you will want to try darkice -c /etc/darkice1 or whatever your path to the configuration file is.

radiotrack1

Feed Provider
For both I get "darkice: error while loading shared libraries: libjack.so.0:cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

radiotrack1

Feed Provider
Success. Almost. I loaded sudo apt-get install libjack-jackd2-dev as you had suggested on this thread. http://forums.radioreference.com/st...pberry-pi-broadcastify-build.html#post2570688 Then when I type darkice it says cant locat darkice config so I changed darkice1config to darkice config. I start it running by typing darkice at the command prompt and it loads and runs. But.... I am running it headless and when I close out of putty darkice stops streaming. Do you know a way around this or a way to make darkice start at boot?

DC31

Feed Provider
Success. Almost. I loaded sudo apt-get install libjack-jackd2-dev as you had suggested on this thread. http://forums.radioreference.com/st...pberry-pi-broadcastify-build.html#post2570688 Then when I type darkice it says cant locat darkice config so I changed darkice1config to darkice config. I start it running by typing darkice at the command prompt and it loads and runs. But.... I am running it headless and when I close out of putty darkice stops streaming. Do you know a way around this or a way to make darkice start at boot?

I run darkice in a detached screen. That way it keeps running when i log out of the remote session.

Install screen: $ sudo apt-get install screen

Then to start darkice: $ screen -dmS darkice-screen darkice -c /path/to/darkiceX.cfg

Then when you next remote in you type $ screen -list to see what is running detached

To reattach to a screen: $ screen -r darkice-screen

Then to detach it is cntrl-a d

$ man screen will list all your options.

Start it at boot by using a cron job.

$ crontab -e

Then add a line at the end:

@reboot screen -dmS darkice-screen darkice /path/to/darkiceX.cfg

radiotrack1

Feed Provider
Ok. My command line is "screen -dmS darkice-screen sudo darkice -c /etc/darkice.cfg" and that part is working. I created a cron job and after all of the instructions and below the ########## I tried "@reboot screen -dmS darkice-screen darkice -c /etc/darkice.cfg" when I reebot and do screen - list it states no sockets running. Then I tried ""@reboot screen -dmS darkice-screen darkice /etc/darkice.cfg" without the -c and still get no sockets runnig after reboot. I am so close yet so far away.

radiotrack1

Feed Provider
DC31 thanks so much for your help. I think I may finally have it setup correctly. It appears that my sound card was loading toward the end of the reboot. So I changed my command line to "@reboot sleep 60 && screen -dmS darkice-screen darkice -c /etc/darkice1.cfg" and after rebooting it waits 60 seconds then starts darkice and everything seems to be running properly. I am very linux illiterate and hopefully this thread will be of some benifit to someone.

Maybe this line will make it easier to locate. Raspberry pi3 running jessie and I am feeding adsb data to flight aware, I am also using it to feed live audio using darkice.

It should be noted that this build Raspberry Pi Broadcastify Build - The RadioReference Wiki is for pi2 running wheezy. For jessie you also need this library dependancy sudo apt-get install libjack-jackd2-dev and darkice should be run from the command prompt as darkice or sudo darkice instead of a service.

DC31

Feed Provider
DC31 thanks so much for your help. I think I may finally have it setup correctly. It appears that my sound card was loading toward the end of the reboot. So I changed my command line to "@reboot sleep 60 && screen -dmS darkice-screen darkice -c /etc/darkice1.cfg" and after rebooting it waits 60 seconds then starts darkice and everything seems to be running properly. I am very linux illiterate and hopefully this thread will be of some benifit to someone.

Maybe this line will make it easier to locate. Raspberry pi3 running jessie and I am feeding adsb data to flight aware, I am also using it to feed live audio using darkice.

It should be noted that this build Raspberry Pi Broadcastify Build - The RadioReference Wiki is for pi2 running wheezy. For jessie you also need this library dependancy sudo apt-get install libjack-jackd2-dev and darkice should be run from the command prompt as darkice or sudo darkice instead of a service.

Jessie uses systemd to start programs. Here is a simple write-up on it. I tried several times to make it work and was unsuccessful. Maybe you are more Linux-literate than I? LOL

http://neilwebber.com/notes/2016/02/10/making-a-simple-systemd-file-for-raspberry-pi-jessie/

There is a typo in Step 1. correct path is /lib/systemd/system

Status
Not open for further replies.