PRO-2096: Custom Tables without Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4usk

Premium Subscriber
I have a PRO-2096 I'm trying to program for a friend of mine, and I was wondering if it's possible to input the custom tables manually for a rebanded system, instead of having to do it through the computer software.
I've conveniently misplaced my Radio Shack programming cable, and of course I can't find it when I need it.

Thanks!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Later scanners like the 106 and 197, sure, you can enter the rebanding tables manually, but the 96 and 2096 are very old technology...Mike

kg4usk

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I've been scouring the manual and the internet, and it looks like I need the computer to do it... Why do programming cables always disappear when you need them?!

dwh367

Yeah, I've been scouring the manual and the internet, and it looks like I need the computer to do it... Why do programming cables always disappear when you need them?!
Do you know anyone else who has a Pro-96 or Pro-2096 who already programmed theirs for rebanding? A cloning cable could be made up very easily if you don't have one of those either. You would have to reprogram it by hand, to suite your tastes, but at least it would be rebanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.