NXDN48 System 2082

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Creating a new thread since this one is better suited to the Chestermere system based on its title and discussion.

Picking up 409.3875 as CC on sys 2082, site 1, protocol NEXEDGE48. As I said in the other thread, I have a feeling this may be a system being tested in City of Airdrie to either replace or supplement their VHF TRBO Cap+ system.

No talkgroups identified yet, but I've only been monitoring it for a few moments so far.

It would be great if somebody could cast out on mobile, in a kind of a fox hunt, and find out where this freq is strongest. If it's a test system for Airdrie, I would expect it to be on one of the towers in City of Airdrie (East Lake Hill) or at one of the firehalls.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I haven't picked up any voice traffic yet but have found the CC rotating through four freqs.

Jay911

Feed Provider
This is not City of Airdrie after all. From the conversations I picked up this morning I suspect it's one of the school bus lines in and around the city. They're astonished at the clarity and range they're getting. Dispatcher seemed to be in Highfield and drivers "in places we never heard a thing before", including Kincora, Sherwood, and Cochrane.

Highfield makes me think it's Southland, but as usual, Spectrum Manglement is useless at shedding light on the subject.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.