Tucson police department

Status
Not open for further replies.

azvato

Hello, I and others noticed tpd is offline. Any idea when it'll be back online. I believe the admin was flano. I'm a huge tpd and pcso scanner hobby enthusiast.

- David

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hello David,

I was not the feed provider.

The "Feed has been permanently terminated due to broadcaster terms of service violations."

It is really important that providers read and understand what types of frequencies and/or talkgroups are allowed to be broadcast via the Live Audio feed. Failure to comply may result in the feed being terminated.

This feed included talkgroups that were not allowed to be broadcast. Apparently, there was no resolution towards compliance, so it was terminated.

Sad, but hopefully, someone will have the resources to dedicate a scanner feed that is in compliance.

Here's hoping ....

FLANO

azvato

Thx 4 following up and the explanation. I did notice today that there is a feed labeled pcso and tpd together. That's new. ... still would like just tpd separate just like others

captinkirk81

Hello David,

I was not the feed provider.

The "Feed has been permanently terminated due to broadcaster terms of service violations."

It is really important that providers read and understand what types of frequencies and/or talkgroups are allowed to be broadcast via the Live Audio feed. Failure to comply may result in the feed being terminated.

This feed included talkgroups that were not allowed to be broadcast. Apparently, there was no resolution towards compliance, so it was terminated.

Sad, but hopefully, someone will have the resources to dedicate a scanner feed that is in compliance.

Here's hoping ....

FLANO

I know the guy who was providing the feed outside of here as I contacted him a few times. He is a really nice guy. I asked him about it, and It wasn't that there wasn't a resolution. I guess him and this site's owner had a falling out. I guess this isn't the first time this has happened with leslie and him having a falling out with other members but in the end it's his site.

From my understanding is he was offended at something that was said and was asked 50 questions from Leslie and was accused of trying to be evasive when he wasn't. He ended up basically telling this site to go pound sand (putting it nicely) and then they banned him and removed the feed. I know if I would have been treated like that as a feed provider, I would have reacted the same way and honestly I don't blame him at all. He actually works for Pima County and now is pushing to encrypt the entire county over this. There was nothing wrong with the feed itself and was approved by the county, but now because of the falling out that may change if he gets his way and has everything encrypted.

I believe Phoenix is already encrypted.

wise871

Database Admin
There was nothing wrong with the feed itself and was approved by the county, but now because of the falling out that may change if he gets his way and has everything encrypted.

I believe Phoenix is already encrypted.

So now because of the falling out over a feed your saying the county will encrypt? That doesn't make since. Also remember there is two sides to every story.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator

captinkirk81

So now because of the falling out over a feed your saying the county will encrypt? That doesn't make since. Also remember there is two sides to every story.

He works for the County EOM and is in the IT department responsible for PCWIN and said to hell with it and wants to encrypt everything. It's basically a power trip, if you wont take my feed then no one will. Let's hope cooler heads prevail. Unfortunately, he is the guy who knows a lot of important people and has the power recommended to the board to encrypt the entire system. I know he's now pushing hard for it. We all know that the nosiest people usually get their way.

wise871

Database Admin
He works for the County EOM and is in the IT department responsible for PCWIN and said to hell with it and wants to encrypt everything. It's basically a power trip, if you wont take my feed then no one will. Let's hope cooler heads prevail. Unfortunately, he is the guy who knows a lot of important people and has the power recommended to the board to encrypt the entire system. I know he's now pushing hard for it. We all know that the nosiest people usually get their way.

Maybe the county should re-evaluate him as an employee. In todays world we call that suspicious and to make it worse he has access to sensitive information. Sounds like someone who got picked on in school as a kid. If I can't have it my way than no one can listen. What a shame for those in the area. A grown man gets into one argument and he wants to shut it down for everyone.

kd7eir

I presume by EOM you are referring to PCOEM. If this person stated that he worked for EOM, then he is employed by a non-existent agency.

The PCWIN network is maintained by two Board approved agencies: Pima County IT Wireless Services and the City of Tucson Facilities and Communications Maintenance Division. As the Network Managing Member Pima County retains ultimate responsibility for the PCWIN network. The City of Tucson partners in that effort to maintain and repair the PCWIN subscriber equipment and City of Tucson owned network backhaul equipment.

One deranged person who refused to follow the rules of Broadcastify will not change a single thing at PCWIN.

Further, PCWIN cannot FORCE any agency to encrypt, that is entirely at each subscribing agencies discretion. PCSO is a good example of this - sometimes they are encrypted on certain channels, sometimes they are not - ENTIRELY at their own whim.

Being a COML for PCOEM, I can guarantee you that he was NOT approved to broadcast tactical channels by the county. Only the agencies operating those channels can authorize or prohibit their broadcast. Pima County IT has no authority to authorize the broadcast of any TPD, PCSO, TFD, or any other agency communications.

If that is the story this person gave you, he was blowing hot air up your back side. if he was a PCOEM employee, and was found to have been broadcasting tactical channels, I can assure you that he would be seeking employment elsewhere.

Sounds to me like a spoiled rotten sociopath that got handed some discipline and is now spewing meaningless threats to bolster his fractured ego.

dodgerboi84

So I'm broadcasting TPD and UAPD, I think I am reading this wrong. Do I need permission from these agencies to broadcast them?

kd7eir

So I'm broadcasting TPD and UAPD, I think I am reading this wrong. Do I need permission from these agencies to broadcast them?

No, you do not. I was referring to the feed provider that was shut down claiming that he had permission from Pima County to broadcast tactical channels - Pima County IT Wireless Services cannot give nor deny permission to anyone.

dodgerboi84

No, you do not. I was referring to the feed provider that was shut down claiming that he had permission from Pima County to broadcast tactical channels - Pima County IT Wireless Services cannot give nor deny permission to anyone.

Ahh ok I didnt think we needed permission. Also I was reading the PCWINS BOD's meetings and they did talk about encrypting they feel that at this time it is too expensive..

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
My recommendation is to let his blow over. Follow the TOS and you won't go astray with RadioReference.

You will likely not go astray with others who like the fact that we say no to broadcasting the sensitive talkgroups.

I don't work for the county, but I can tell you that they always are evaluating a next move, as it was pointed out in the PCWIN Meeting minutes.

Let's not let this get out of hand. :)

azvato

I noticed u separated pcso and ems away from tpd. Thx as it's much appreciated.
I don't have a scanner 2 share the feeds but are there any other feeds that can be shared 4 Tucson?

2wayfreq

I presume by EOM you are referring to PCOEM. If this person stated that he worked for EOM, then he is employed by a non-existent agency.

The PCWIN network is maintained by two Board approved agencies: Pima County IT Wireless Services and the City of Tucson Facilities and Communications Maintenance Division. As the Network Managing Member Pima County retains ultimate responsibility for the PCWIN network. The City of Tucson partners in that effort to maintain and repair the PCWIN subscriber equipment and City of Tucson owned network backhaul equipment.

One deranged person who refused to follow the rules of Broadcastify will not change a single thing at PCWIN.

Further, PCWIN cannot FORCE any agency to encrypt, that is entirely at each subscribing agencies discretion. PCSO is a good example of this - sometimes they are encrypted on certain channels, sometimes they are not - ENTIRELY at their own whim.

Being a COML for PCOEM, I can guarantee you that he was NOT approved to broadcast tactical channels by the county. Only the agencies operating those channels can authorize or prohibit their broadcast. Pima County IT has no authority to authorize the broadcast of any TPD, PCSO, TFD, or any other agency communications.

If that is the story this person gave you, he was blowing hot air up your back side. if he was a PCOEM employee, and was found to have been broadcasting tactical channels, I can assure you that he would be seeking employment elsewhere.

Sounds to me like a spoiled rotten sociopath that got handed some discipline and is now spewing meaningless threats to bolster his fractured ego.

I can second this. With the thorough backgrounds and multiple non-disclosure agreements that an IT employee signs, I really doubt a REAL staff employee would risk their career and throw their own department under the bus. In my department, if in the hiring process there is even a small sign of a potential tech being a "Whacker", they are not picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.