Clark PD: New Radios or New (County) System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyS

Yesterday I heard Clark PD dispatch advise Clark PD units around noonish NOT to 27 for their new radios and to stay on channel 1. Guess they'll be switching over to the county any day now. I checked the NJICS Union County Discussion thread but didn't see anything recent. Anyone got any credible news?

CJS2

Yesterday I heard Clark PD dispatch advise Clark PD units around noonish NOT to 27 for their new radios and to stay on channel 1. Guess they'll be switching over to the county any day now. I checked the NJICS Union County Discussion thread but didn't see anything recent. Anyone got any credible news?

Not the county (NJICS) system.

Fizz306

Premium Subscriber
Can't confirm 100% but I've heard that they're going to P25 on their own repeater - not the NJICS system.

Last edited:

carbineone

Premium Subscriber
No radio maintenance company is going to put in a P25 radio system without a valid license for P25 emissions.

carbineone

Premium Subscriber
Now that they have an official license as of 5/5/16 I believe it. Was not going to happen without it. Also this is listed as a special temporary license.

Analogrules

Someone updated the DB today indicating Clark is now encrypted? Are they encrypting 100% of the time now? I guess another one bites the dust. And what in the world is so sensitive in a town like Clark NJ that encryption would be needed with next to no crime rate? Whenever I monitor Clark, all I hear are routine traffic stops and malfunctioning security alarms.

slapshot0017

That's completley false... I think it's a case of false updating by someone who doesn't understand the difference between digital and an encrypted signal...

Analogrules

Well, that's good to hear. I have been too busy to even turn my scanner on these past few weeks, so just going by what I am seeing posted on this site. Hopefully someone can correct that DB submission error.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Clarck PD Encrypted or not?

That's completley false... I think it's a case of false updating by someone who doesn't understand the difference between digital and an encrypted signal...

The person who sent this submission stated Clark PD was now totally encrypted. As DB Admin I can't possibly monitor every frequency submission I receive. If it's in range I try to give a listen to confirm. , Otherwise, I depend on the accuracy of (you) as the submitters. Now there is a change and Clark is in the clear. OK, I make a note for now that encryption us sometimes used. However a solid confirmed submission is preferred.

Thank you,
K2YYN

Fizz306

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Ken. I know that you guys work in the blind on a lot of these submissions, and are too far away geographically to confirm.

TonyS

God I miss their analog-ness.. Before I could make out what they were saying 5 towns away. Not now. I wonder when PD channel 2 will be going p25.

Status
Not open for further replies.