Lockout Specific ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccems263

I'm looking @ locking out a specific ID on my WS1040. The problem I'm having is the local SO is encrypted so when they talk, it's all garbled and annoying. I tried hitting the lockout button during one of their garbled conversations and it locked out all of the other conversations also. Am I able to just lock out certain ID's?

Gilligan

Database Admin
If you're referring to Coffey County Sheriff, it appears that all of their primary talkgroups are encrypted, so I doubt that you will be able to hear much of anything at all. In most setups like that, all activity on the talkgroup is encrypted; it's not usually on a per-radio basis.

ccems263

The fire, dispatch and individual fire station ID's aren't encrypted. EMS and the Hospital ID's have the ability to be encrypted. I just want to lock out the ID of the ID's that are alway's encrypted.

Steve2003

You might want to change the system setting to skip encrypted traffic instead of locking out the ENC talkgroups. That way you can still hear the traffic in the event someone ever transmits in the clear.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
You might want to change the system setting to skip encrypted traffic instead of locking out the ENC talkgroups. That way you can still hear the traffic in the event someone ever transmits in the clear.

GRE/Whistlers scanners can't bypass encrypted traffic.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
The fire, dispatch and individual fire station ID's aren't encrypted. EMS and the Hospital ID's have the ability to be encrypted. I just want to lock out the ID of the ID's that are alway's encrypted.

You can't lockout radio ID's, only TG's.

Status
Not open for further replies.