Fire fleetmap changes/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
So, obviously with rebanding, we are seeing a restructuring of the RCS fire fleetmap.

A new zone for Calfire, Zone "11", has been added. The first half of Zone "5" is now being used by Escondido. Coronado is said to soon switch to "Metro" dispatching and operations on Zone "6".

To make things more interesting, the second half of Zone "5" I believe is going to be used for additional "Metro" communications. For now, 4M Heartland Dispatch, and 6B Metro Dispatch, are both being simulcast on the the North site, along with 5M Inland Dispatch. With 4M being simulcast on North, I have a hunch Heartland may be switching to 3A for dispatching soon.

Maybe use this thread for updates and changes as they "go down"?

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
As Paul and others have noted, there are a number of changes to the RCS being implemented in conjunction with the reprogramming for Rebanding.

Following the 2007 wildfires, the County Fire Chiefs agreed to a Unified Fire Fleetmap to be used by all San Diego County fire agencies on the RCS and the City trunked radio systems. The Fleetmap was introduced in 2008, and divided the agencies into common talkgroups, organized by dispatch center. In the years since the 2008 Fleetmap was developed, a number of smaller agencies have consolidated and/or changed dispatch centers, resulting in a redistribution of traffic loading and a resulting inbalance in of the number of talkgroups available to each Center. Additionally, National operational practices on the fireground have changed, adding a requirement for a conventional analog fireground channel to be available for use as needed at an incident.

The 2016 revision to the fleetmap was developed and programming of the San Diego County fire agencies has taken place. The major changes in this version of the fleetmap are:

• Deletion of "Command", "TAC" and "SUPPORT" designations as part of a preprogrammed talkgroup name. "CMD 1C" is now simply "1C".
    • Dispatch Centers will continue to voice which talkgroups are used for command and tac on each incident.
    • Operational designation of the talkgroups within a Zone are at the discretion of the controlling Dispatch Center.
  • Introduction of an eleventh Zone on the RCS for fire operations.
  • Introduction of "XSD 8DIRECT" as a common fireground simplex channel in all RCS Zones (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, and 11). ["SND 8DIRECT" is introduced into the City Zones.]
  • Introduction of ONE systemwide 'Travel' talkgroup (11A), with all Dispatch Centers having access.
  • Realignment of the Zones used by the RCS Dispatch Centers:
    • North Zone (NorthCom) will operate on Zones 3 & 4.
    • Escondido Fire has moved to Zone 5 (5A to 5J).
    • Central Zone ("Heartland") will operate on Zones 1 & 2.
    • Metro Zone ("Metro") remains on Zone 6, and gains talkgroups 5K, 5L, 5M and 5N. Coronado FD will join Metro on July 1.
    • City of San Diego Zones 7, 8, and 9 remain generally unchanged.
    • County Fire Authority / East Zone (Monte Vista) remains on Zone 10 and adds Zone 11.
The transition of the Centers to the new operating paradigm is underway and is expected to be completed by April 22nd.

SCPD

QRT
My ? is this going to effect the Law enforcement side at all and how soon will it be before the RR data base will updated with the changes, TIA

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Jeff, you, me, everyone makes changes to the database, it's like a RR wiki. I guess the changes will make it on there when the people who post those start hearing them. Obviously, since the RR database is used for actual SCANNER download programming, we would want to make sure everything is finalized before it becomes downloadable as someones "favories list" on their Uniden.

Paul

SCPD

QRT
Jeff, you, me, everyone makes changes to the database, it's like a RR wiki. I guess the changes will make it on there when the people who post those start hearing them. Obviously, since the RR database is used for actual SCANNER download programming, we would want to make sure everything is finalized before it becomes downloadable as someones "favories list" on their Uniden.

Paul
Ok Paul Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Also if I'm reading it right what Don posted then the TG# will change to the zone listed. As in Escondido starts using zone 5 A thru J will they be using those current TG# from zone 5 or are they keeping there current TG# from zone 2 and just changing the zone they are in, And now that I confused you and myself LOL

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Also if I'm reading it right what Don posted then the TG# will change to the zone listed. As in Escondido starts using zone 5 A thru J will they be using those current TG# from zone 5 or are they keeping there current TG# from zone 2 and just changing the zone they are in, And now that I confused you and myself LOL

Well it appears that Escondido FD is now using some of or all of the Zone 5 stuff I have been hearing them on 5C, It looks like I got my own ? answered

mike619

How do folks have their fire systems set up in the scanners BCD396XT etc?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
There are some talkgroup digit changes in zones 4, 6, and 10. Everything goes from A-N now as well. The zones that have talkgroup revisions have patches for now, but those patches may change in the near future, and you will need to have the revised talkgroups in your scanners.

Paul

SCPD

QRT
Escondido FD

Not sure were to put this but just FYI Escondido FD appears to have made the switch to RCS Zone 5, Here's what I have heard so far on these TG# Id's,Feel free to make changes if you hear otherwise

5A 21872 I have been hearing dispatch traffic on here now

5B 21296

5C 9584 I have heard medic units responding and clearing incidents here

5D 9712

5E 9616

5F 17232

5G 9448

5H 17296

5I 17264

5J 17328

I have been hearing this both on Saturday 16 & Sunday 17

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The first night they switched over, I believe it was a ringing alarm response I heard pop up on 5D.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Mike, I emailed you my XT programming with the revised fleetmap as well as the new control channels.

Paul

SCPD

QRT
Escondido FD

Not sure were to put this but just FYI Escondido FD appears to have made the switch to RCS Zone 5, Here's what I have heard so far on these TG# Id's,Feel free to make changes if you hear otherwise

5A 21872 I have been hearing dispatch traffic on here now

5B 21296

5C 9584 I have heard medic units responding and clearing incidents here

5D 9712

5E 9616

5F 17232

5G 9448

5H 17296

5I 17264

5J 17328

I have been hearing this both on Saturday 16 & Sunday 17
This also removes 5,A,C,D from Heartland TG, Also removes 5 E,G,F,I,J,B from San Diego County Fire Authority TG, And If I'm correct it removes all the zone 2 that Escondido was using as well

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Zone 2 will probably become the new zone 4......brush fires?

Paul

SCPD

QRT
Escondido FD

Paul I believe that from this post that you & Don posted Fire fleetmap changes/updates

Central Zone ("Heartland") will operate on Zones 1 & 2.

North Zone (NorthCom) will operate on Zones 3 & 4.

But I'm not sure maybe Don can chime in on this

SDBud

Changes

Paul I believe that from this post that you & Don posted Fire fleetmap changes/updates

Central Zone ("Heartland") will operate on Zones 1 & 2.

North Zone (NorthCom) will operate on Zones 3 & 4.

But I'm not sure maybe Don can chime in on this

----------

So the only TG changes are Escondido moving to the existing Zone 5 talkgroups, and giving up Zone 2.

Undoubtedly, Heartland TGs will change designators from Zones 3 and 4 to 1 and 2, and Northcom will change their IDs from Zone 1 to Zone 3, and take over the old Escondido Zone 2 which become Zone 4.

Really makes NO SENSE to do most of this (except the Escondido stuff), but some suit in an office who has to do SOMETHING to justify their job must have thought it up.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
All zones remain the same, it is only the agencies changing which zones they operate on. Several talkgroups in 4, 5 and 10 have been assigned new talkgroup numbers, to free up the current numbers for digital uses.

Paul

mike619

What about the RCS North and South zones with the talkgroups does that mean heartland will now be on the north zone and Northcomm on the south zone? i'm confused

11632 hearing on south zone northcomm dispatch 1A

Last edited:

SDBud

What about the RCS North and South zones with the talkgroups does that mean heartland will now be on the north zone and Northcomm on the south zone?

11632 hearing on south zone northcomm dispatch 1A

No, no frequencies will change, and no talkgroup IDs will either.

Escondido FD will change their responses to the existing Zone 5 talkgroups,
and the IDs (what shows on the radios) for Heartland & Northcom will swap,
and that's about it.

mike619

After listening it appears that 11632 1A is simulcast North and South zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.