Cumberland County going P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septa3371CSX1

Not much specifics discussed but looks like the current Open Scam system in use out there will remain in use for a few years to come. The article mentions the system not going live until 2023. Wouldn't be surprised if they go 700 MHz.

sbk1982

Open Scam System? Their system works great. Why wouldn't they reuse their current 800mhz frequencies and possibly add a few more with a new P25 System?

Septa3371CSX1

Open Scam System? Their system works great. Why wouldn't they reuse their current 800mhz frequencies and possibly add a few more with a new P25 System?

I've been using that term for Open Sky systems for a while now - kinda out of habit with the PA Starnet system. I'm sure they would want to reuse the 800 MHz frequencies but the Feds are pushing for everyone to go 700 MHz. New system could very well be a mix of 700 and 800 MHz frequencies. I'd also expect it to be P25 Phase 2 TDMA.

engine16

Good Morning, Question on the Cumberland Co Open Sky System. I'm trying to download that system to me Uniden 436 and 536. When updating the database in Sentinel it does not show the Open Sky System, it only shows the lowband frequencies. Any suggestions on getting that system into the scanners ? Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.