Hartford Police I-Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFCJR

While doing a TGID search on Hartford's system for the Trump speech I was getting multiple hits on I-call TG's by the police covering the event. Also detectives using it on other matters. For awhile I was hearing more on the I-Calls then the regular TG's. After they let out they were using the Special Events 1 channel more then the I-Call. I never realized they even had I-Call.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Did you hear anything interesteing during the event? I saw on the news there was no arresst and no riots like there has been in other states.the governor and hartford city officials can be proud that the people in connecticut did not act out of control and cause damagae or injuries.

I dont even know how to use that feature on my scanner lol

MFCJR

Nothing real interesting. No fights but there was a concern about a bag left in front of a hotel that they had trouble getting to because of the large crowd from people getting out of the center. It was mostly just keeping the crowd moving. There were other things going on across the city at that time also. Like several shotspotter calls and a bad accident. I heard them say every car in the city is on a call.

I have the Uniden BCD536HP scanner and it's only a push of two buttons to switch from ID Scan to ID Search.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Oh ok i thought it was a differnt feature for icall i have the handheld model so ill have to check it out when im up in the city

MFCJR

They show up as TG's like i4577. They keep changing so there are too many to list.

a417

U+0000
While doing a TGID search on Hartford's system for the Trump speech I was getting multiple hits on I-call TG's by the police covering the event. Also detectives using it on other matters. For awhile I was hearing more on the I-Calls then the regular TG's. After they let out they were using the Special Events 1 channel more then the I-Call. I never realized they even had I-Call.

Ten years ago, they used to use the radio to radio icall feature of that lovely EDACS for nonessential unit to unit communiation, so much to the point that we disabled the icall in our reciever in the dispatch center. Granted that was back when nextel was still the best thing going (ha!), so maybe they've grown away from it?

cg

Premium Subscriber
Individual Call (ICALL) or Private call is perhaps the biggest use on the Hartford system. The IDs you see are the individual radio IDs. Any radio can initiate a call with any other radio. If you turn it on, expect to miss traffic when it is busy.

WA1QWH

Individual Call (ICALL) or Private call is perhaps the biggest use on the Hartford system. The IDs you see are the individual radio IDs. Any radio can initiate a call with any other radio. If you turn it on, expect to miss traffic when it is busy.

Are the ICALL talk groups in the RR database download for HPD, or do I have to enter them manually?

cg

Premium Subscriber
ICALL is not a talkgroup but two radios talking only to each other.
You can use .0 entered as a talkgroup to tell the Uniden scanner to monitor any ICALL or .xxxx (xxxx=radio number) for a specific radio.
As for them being in the database, you would look for that .0 entry.

chris

MFCJR

Thanks for the info on the ICALL Chris. I knew nothing about it until I set the scanner to ID search. While monitoring Hartford for Trump's visit it seemed like I wasn't hearing everything I should. So I went to ID search. There is some very interesting PD talk you wont hear on the regular TG's.

WA1QWH

You can use .0 entered as a talkgroup to tell the Uniden scanner to monitor any ICALL or .xxxx (xxxx=radio number) for a specific radio.

chris

Great tip about the .0 entry. I couldn't find that anywhere in the HP2 manual. Thanks!

WA1QWH

chris

My stupid mode has kicked in. Sentinal says .0 is an invalid TG when I try to enter it in. Help?

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Is that i0 only for hartford icall or will it work on any edacs system you monitor and is it just for edacs?

a417

U+0000
IIRC, i0 is interpreted as the EDACS wildcard, so it should work on any EDACS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.