Tucson

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Hello, anyone else in these forums from Tucson?
Not anymore, but i lived there for years and scanned the heck out of tucson. 4 sides of town, each with its own frequency back in those days. be interested to hear what they are using now. i used to go back over Xmas and scan while on vacation there. now i live on east coast and it's too far. tucson rocks!

dodgerboi84

Not anymore, but i lived there for years and scanned the heck out of tucson. 4 sides of town, each with its own frequency back in those days. be interested to hear what they are using now. i used to go back over Xmas and scan while on vacation there. now i live on east coast and it's too far. tucson rocks!

Well, now all TPD and PCSO are on a PCWIN (Pima County Integrated Wireless Network) owned by Pima County which is a P25 Phase II. There are 5 teams now (1-South, 2-West,3 Central, 4-East, 5-Downtown.) TPD also dispatched for South Tucson Police. All Police and fire are on this new system minus Marana which has their own.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
FYI, TPD will be downsizing again to the 4 teams, should be on or about 1 July. The Police Chief recommended this in the reorganization memo that is supposed to save TPD some money.

It's going to be a rocky ride for the folks at TPD for a while.

Well, now all TPD and PCSO are on a PCWIN (Pima County Integrated Wireless Network) owned by Pima County which is a P25 Phase II. There are 5 teams now (1-South, 2-West,3 Central, 4-East, 5-Downtown.) TPD also dispatched for South Tucson Police. All Police and fire are on this new system minus Marana which has their own.

dodgerboi84

FYI, TPD will be downsizing again to the 4 teams, should be on or about 1 July. The Police Chief recommended this in the reorganization memo that is supposed to save TPD some money.

It's going to be a rocky ride for the folks at TPD for a while.

I was going to mention that too. However we will see what happens. I heard that one day just one day they may create a far east team. Not anytime soon.

Last edited:

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
There is going to be some type of entertainment area, aka downtown, for TPD, but it won't receive the full team designation, from my understanding.

I wouldn't doubt some day they'll have to do something with the east side. It keeps growing :)

I was going to mention that too. However we will see what happens. I heard that one day just one day they may create a far east time. Not anytime soon.

dodgerboi84

There is going to be some type of entertainment area, aka downtown, for TPD, but it won't receive the full team designation, from my understanding.

I wouldn't doubt some day they'll have to do something with the east side. It keeps growing :)

I sure does. I wonder if they are going to add them back to team 2 like they were before. Curious what their designators will be

Last edited:

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
We'll have to wait and see, but my understanding is Team-5 will be merged back in to Team-2, as it was in the past.

I sure does. I wonder if they are going to add them back to team 2 like they were before. Curious what their designators will be

kd7eir

If they want to expand they need to expand into the Rita Ranch area, or at least permanently assign a baker unit there. It's ridiculous that it takes up to ten minutes to get a unit on scene of a level 1 call there sometimes.

I'm on the far east side at Speedway and Harrison, which is basically a half mile from the east end of team 4, and response times in this area are pretty quick - probably not hurt by having code 14 at Harrison and Golf Links.

Status
Not open for further replies.