NJSP 800 Mhz system

Status
Not open for further replies.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard very much on the NJSP 800 MHz system for the last couple of days.The closest site is the south simulcast site and it's been quiet. I switched over to the 700 MHz system on Friday and was only receiving the MEDVAC flights and dispatch.

I know my scanner is OK since I went over to Camden County's system and it was receiving them fine.

Did I miss a change?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
No problems here. Everything seems normal. RSSI= 104 on the control channel from the Berlin site.

erbo7761

Does anyone know how to set up this system on unitrunker? I'm having some trouble understanding the concept with the multiple control channels.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how to set up this system on unitrunker? I'm having some trouble understanding the concept with the multiple control channels.

Park it on the active control channel. It changes occasionally so you will have to change it in unitrunker manually. I don't know of any other way.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Here's a link to a fully-customized Unitrunker.xml file that's fully loaded with the NJSP & NJICS (radio ID's and all, thanks to nosoup4u!).

The file is located in 'C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Unitrunker. Back up the original there & paste this one in. Make sure you are using the latest beta (1.0.33.4 if I remember correctly).

erbo7761

Thanks, this works great!
Is it possible to just listen to a few talkgroups/one talkgroup at a time, and not hearing the rest? There have got to be over 400 here.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Oh yes, totally easy - set anything you don't want to hear to have a priority HIGHER than '50' & UniTrunker won't stop on it at all.

Also, forgive me. I live in Troop B's 3-COMM area, and I have that set as '40', so it over-rides anything else that is currently broadcasting. I used to only do that for the 2 medevac talkgroups.

erbo7761

So far here's what I've done.

In the first VCO (control channel) I set the "Rank" to 49.
Since all the channels default to Priority 50, i'm assuming anything above 49 will not be picked up.
I then set B2-4 to Priority 40 (less than 49) so I only hear that.

Is that correct? I'm still picking up some of the other channels though.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I use 2 SDR dongles with UniTrunker, so I have 2 device entries in my main window. I believe the rank setting needs to be done on the device that follows the voice.

Let me test that now & get back here in a few minutes...

Update - yes, the 'RANK' setting has to be done on the VCO tab of the voice receiving device. I set the level to '49' and all audio stopped.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Great information Scott. Much appreciated. I changed up my dual SDR dongle setup on Burlington county like you mentioned and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.