Known NYC jammer arrested on 4/16/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsyboy

Premium Subscriber
Danny Delise was arrested by the NYPD on Saturday 4/16/2016 for transmitting on one of their frequencies. He was also in possession of cocaine. Queens County Case Docket # 2016QN017894.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Simpleton

Danny Delise was arrested by the NYPD on Saturday 4/16/2016 for transmitting on one of their frequencies. He was also in possession of cocaine. Queens County Case Docket # 2016QN017894.

After having worked inside the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for around twenty-two years, I can count on my fingers some of the more intelligent offenders; however, there aren't enough fingers and toes to tally the buffoons I've encountered.

Even when they've planned and executed impressive escapes, they were eventually apprehended for some incredibly stupid move. TEXAS PRISONS - THE TEXAS SEVEN PRISON ESCAPE

So, let me see. You transmit on a NYPD radio in an area saturated with law enforcement and have cocaine in your possession? Oh, this is rich. I am quite certain that Charlie has an office in NYC. I thought Texans were stupid.

Last edited:

KC2zZe

I wouldn't be celebrating yet. An arrest is meaningless, as far as I'm concerned. So is a conviction. Let's see what he's ultimately sentenced to.

namhcor

The arrest is OK however my understanding is that he is out on bail and the authorities DID NOT confiscate any of his radio equipment. ANY celebration is definitely premature at this time.

Gypsyboy

Premium Subscriber
Danny is in on 20k bail and NYPD confiscated numerous radios during a search warrant at his residence. Next court appearance is 4/29/16.

4-crime

Is there a specific incident where this moron jammed the NYPD? Or was this something he had been doing for a long time?

Darkstar350

Hes been jamming for a while on and off - not sure if him and "the voice of god" are one in the same?
But it just so happens that i actually noticed a few channels being jammed lately just a few weeks leading up to his arrest so yeah he was probobly back to his old tricks...

jim202

Let's see here who has the authority to arrest someone for using a radio. The public safety radio system is licensed by the FCC. That being said, that means that if any of the part 90 rules are broken, it's the FCC that goes knocking on the door.

The drug charges are the bag of worms that the law enforcement have the privilege to enforce. So if the NYPD confiscated the radio equipment, there could be an issue with that move by them.

Time to sit back and see what plays out in court. This is going to be an interesting case.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
There are civil and criminal laws in force that prohibit interfering with police activities. Any sufficiently motivated DA can build a case, and probably win a conviction.

Last edited:

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
There are civil laws in force that prohibit interfering with police activities. Any sufficiently motivated DA can build a case, and probably win a conviction.
In New York State, we have the all encompassing OGA or Obstructing Governmental Administration which can be applied to most any situation where someone interferes with any legit governmental activity. Presuming that our offender here jammed NYPD frequencies multiple times, he could be charged with an equal number of OGA offenses. And OGA's a criminal charge, not civil. In New York there is a major distinction between criminal and civil law.

Status
Not open for further replies.