Not open for further replies.

DickH

How to change or remove an NAC number?

I want to monitor two 700MHz systems.
1. Portland. (Receives nothing).
2. TRI MET (works fine)

Using the Analyze feature, Portland shows N3C0
Using the Analyze feature, TRI MET shows N - - -

I suspect the N3C0 is the reason I get nothing on the Portland system, so I want to change it to N - - - as shown in the TRI MET system, but I can't find any way to change it.
Am I on the right track?

N8IAA

NAC isn't necessary when programming a trunk system. They are only needed on P-25 conventional frequencies. Just like CTCSS/DCS.
Larry

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
What you're seeing is the NAC that is being received by the scanner as transmitted by the trunk system. You can't change it, and it's not got to do with why you're not receiving that system.

I would check your bandplan setup because that might be the issue. In Win500, go to the TSYS page, highlight the appropriate TSYS, and click "Trunking Tables" in the upper right, below "System Frequencies". You may need to alter what's there; try 700 MHz Standard if it's available and not already been selected.

DickH

What you're seeing is the NAC that is being received by the scanner as transmitted by the trunk system. You can't change it, and it's not got to do with why you're not receiving that system.

I would check your bandplan setup because that might be the issue. In Win500, go to the TSYS page, highlight the appropriate TSYS, and click "Trunking Tables" in the upper right, below "System Frequencies". You may need to alter what's there; try 700 MHz Standard if it's available and not already been selected.

In Trunking Tables, the only 700MHz choice is P25 700MHz.
Under Type, The only choices are P25 AUTO and P25 Manual.
I have tried all of them with no luck.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Do you have Unitrunker or PRO96COM and the ability to use them (not sure which scanner you have)?

If so, that would tell you what bandplan is in use. It's possible you have to enter a custom band plan.

DickH

Do you have Unitrunker or PRO96COM and the ability to use them (not sure which scanner you have)?

If so, that would tell you what bandplan is in use. It's possible you have to enter a custom band plan.

I have a PRO-652, using WIN500 to program.
None of the Bandplans apply, or don't work. Here is a screen shot I did for something else, but you can see what I mean. http://dickh.zenfolio.com/img/s12/v174/p1944480273-5.jpg
1. That opens the "Trunking Table" box.
2. Choices are Default, Splinter and Custom. None seem to do anything.
4. The only 700MHz choice is P25 700MHz.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
The database is very incomplete for Portland's P25 system, so I would think that the system is still fairly new and being tested. If this is the case, then it might not have much activity on it which would explain the silence. You might want to program a wildcard to see if there is any activity on the system since the database does not have much information.

P25 AUTO handles and populates Trunking Table information automatically from the control channel and therefore does not need you to program them manually.

DickH

The database is very incomplete for Portland's P25 system, so I would think that the system is still fairly new and being tested. If this is the case, then it might not have much activity on it which would explain the silence. You might want to program a wildcard to see if there is any activity on the system since the database does not have much information.

P25 AUTO handles and populates Trunking Table information automatically from the control channel and therefore does not need you to program them manually.

The 800MHz Fire Dispatch channel is linked to the new 700MHz system and it is very active on 800MHz, but nothing on 700MHz.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
The 800MHz Fire Dispatch channel is linked to the new 700MHz system and it is very active on 800MHz, but nothing on 700MHz.

The site will still need an affiliation for that talkgroup in order to carry the traffic. It might be linked full time, but it is not transmitted over-the-air until a subscriber radio is trying to monitor it.

Denver, Colorado has a very similar situation. Almost all of the talkgroups on the old system are patched into the new system, but you cannot use the P25 system to monitor them full time since not many users actively uses the P25 system.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
The site will still need an affiliation for that talkgroup in order to carry the traffic. It might be linked full time, but it is not transmitted over-the-air until a subscriber radio is trying to monitor it.

Denver, Colorado has a very similar situation. Almost all of the talkgroups on the old system are patched into the new system, but you cannot use the P25 system to monitor them full time since not many users actively uses the P25 system.

Exception is if the TG is set to "Requested" or "Critical", then it will be be on the specified site even if no radios are affiliated.

DickH

Exception is if the TG is set to "Requested" or "Critical", then it will be be on the specified site even if no radios are affiliated.

I am hoping someone using WIN500 and is getting the Portland P25 700MHz system can tell me what settings they are using. See screen shot.
Portland 700MHz-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.