BCD436HP/BCD536HP: P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

willardjones

Premium Subscriber
APCO P-25 - encrypted. is there a scanner that can pick this up cause i'm getting all the unencrypted ones but the ones that are encrypted aren't comming in. was told the bcd436hp was able to pick up any P25 systems.

trumpetman

Database Admin
If the signal is encrypted, it's meant to keep scanners/unauthorized radios from listening. There is no way around it.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
APCO P-25 - encrypted. is there a scanner that can pick this up cause i'm getting all the unencrypted ones but the ones that are encrypted aren't comming in. was told the bcd436hp was able to pick up any P25 systems.
Had you taken the time to look around RR a bit, you would have found dozens (if not hundreds) of threads all asking if encrypted radio channels can be monitored. All of them contain the same answer.

The answer is NO!

Read some of the other threads and understand what encryption is and why it can not be monitored now, or in the future. There will be no commercially available scanners that will be able to do this, not now, not never.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Had you taken the time to look around RR a bit, you would have found dozens (if not hundreds) of threads all asking if encrypted radio channels can be monitored. All of them contain the same answer.

The answer is NO!

Read some of the other threads and understand what encryption is and why it can not be monitored now, or in the future. There will be no commercially available scanners that will be able to do this, not now, not never.

does this mean "no"? unclear lol

ecps92

A member since 2007 and his first post ? Something is .....<fill in the blank>

I'm always amazed that a
simple google
forum search
browse the forums
would have answered the basic question, but No, the question return

Breaking Encryption
Amateur Radios on Public Safety channels
I can use anything I want, it's an Emergency :roll:
hide my address
a License ? What ? "We don't need no stinking badges"
Anyone know the input PL, so I can....
How do I program my <Non Scanner> for xyz's Trunked system

Peanuts, Popcorn.......

The answer is NO!

And for the OP

Yes - Scanners can listen to P25/ENC systems
No - Scanners can not Decode an Encrypted transmission.

willardjones

Premium Subscriber
Yes my first post since 2007 I don't read much and have always been able to figure everything out by myself until now .. so reading for hours on this and finding out nothing I thought I'd ask a question but a simple answer of no would have been ok but this is why I don't post ever cause you get these kinds of remarks....

Status
Not open for further replies.