Uniden tech support flooded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying at all hours this week to reach Uniden tech support and only get busy signals. ( have even tried middle of the night when there usually would be an answering machine telling you they were closed) Wonder if the problem is due to the horrid Texas flooding?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Customer Service is in Wisconsin.

If it is a "How do I..." question, ask it in these forums.

If it is regarding the status of your BCD436HP Repair, it has not yet been logged as received (I just checked).

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
Thanks UP man, no, is a programming issue with another uniden unit that I really need to talk so someone about, and no, I haven't yet sent my 436 in, will try to get that done this week.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I highly recommend you ask programming issue questions in these forums for faster and many times better (especially if the question is system-specific) answers. And, almost always faster answers...

If the CS person doesn't know the answer, it is eventually emailed to me (several others try to screen prior to that happening so that I am not flooded with emails that someone else knows the answer to).

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
Need to talk to tech support

UP Man or anyone else.
I've been trying for 2 weeks to get tech support on phone. Using number 800-292-2294, get nothing but busy signal.

Need to talk to them about a programming issue.

Thanks for any help.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
I understand, but I'm not good enough with the computer issues to even ask the right questions, I'm sorry I bothered this forum, I'll keep trying to get to Uniden direct and not tie up anymore bandwidth here. I just thought someone might have an idea why they can't be reached, again, I've only been on RR for 11 years and thought I could asked something without being told I was doing it incorrectly, won't make the mistake again.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, I'll reiterate: If you had asked here, you'd have an answer by now. Not sure what your resistance is to asking here, but of course it is your choice. You are still welcome to ask and be answered here.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
A help desk agent is almost certainly not a scanner user and won't be able to help with programming (at least I'm presuming this - UPMan please correct me if I'm wrong). However, you have hundreds of scanner users on this forum ready to give you any assistance you might need.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I can guarantee that the help desk will know more about the scanner than many people here. I can also guarantee that many people here know more about the scanner than any of our help desk agents. The waiting time is much shorter, here.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I give it a try call me today i be in till 2PM central.
800-729-4373
Jeff
Ham Station

Status
Not open for further replies.