Grant County MACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyOtaku

Premium Subscriber
Did Grant County hit the encryption switch? I use a BCD536HP so any encryption is automatically muted so I can't tell. I can hear all the fire calls on both the MACC 911 trunked and on the Analog simulcast. All Law Enforcement is silent on both. I thought for awhile that they killed the analog simulcast completely but I still hear the Fire calls on it. Nothing on Law Enforcement at all. When I do a trunking discovery on MACC 911 I hear the fire calls but the two law dispatch channels show up but quickly disappear as quick as they show up like they are encrypted.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I don't live there but last I heard a few years ago they were planning on encrypting all talkgroups.

SkyOtaku

Premium Subscriber
I knew something was wrong. I went from 6-8 hours a day recordings on Proscan just on the Dispatch channels to 0. They were the busiest dispatch channels in the state.

kd7kdc

Banned
Yeah, I know I use to spend a lot of time over there around the time they put in the 800 system. I did some of the tait tm9100 mobile installs in the fire trucks in Ephrata.

kd7kdc

Banned
Please feel free to drop Dean Hane at MACC911 a thank you note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrw14493

I did some of the tait tm9100 mobile installs in the fire trucks in Ephrata.

You mean installs that I had to go back and fix? As soon as you learn anything about the proper way to install antennas on fire truck cabs with diamond plate roofs, you're welcome to come back and do some more.

If you knew half of the reason why they went encrypted I bet you'd think differently. Do you want help to arrive or get intercepted and taken down in the process? You do make a good point though, I will send Dean Hane an email thanking him for protecting officers so that they arrive to my call for help.

kd7kdc

Banned
I don't believe that was my handy work Joey. I don't recall drilling through diamond anything especially not a cab roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.