Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwwilsonpe

We've listened to scanners for many moons from building the Heathkit tunable then 8 channel Bearcat rock bound was the first scanner back in the 60's ready to get started again......

really thinking about Uniden BCD 536HP. have read a lot of ham reviews and many more. "reads" like a good radio.

Our area uses digital

your thoughts or make another recommendation?

tnx

Jim
WB9GRO

georgesteve

It really is an amazing scanner, I highly recommend it. The sentinel software is VERY easy to use after you get the hang of it. Besides the immense issues with its wifi capabilities, All in all I'm very happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend. Hope to get the 436HP soon since I love the 536.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
While my comments are limited, as I don't own the 536 but have used one at work often, I am still partial to the HP-2! I have a HP-1 that has served me well for several years. The epitome of plug and play scanner...and as complicated as trunking, multi-site systems, etc have made this hobby, I really like just punching in the zip code and off you go. I like the form factor...but I suppose if you are going to use it mobile, it's not too practical. The screen is large and easy to read. The HP-2 just adds another layer of what is monitorable, but without any complication.
My $0.02......

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
My wife will say I've bought more than enough scanners over the past 40 some years.

The 536 is the best scanner I've ever had. Yes, there were a couple of issues involving two return trips for more or less factory recalls, but product recalls are a part of life.

If I needed another scanner, I'd still get the 536.

texasabil

Premium Subscriber
I must say I still have my Dads 8 channel crystal scanner.He was a fire fighter for 30 years in Midland TX. I got back into scanners.I got on here read and read I bought the 536HP later the display was dimming so I sent it in. they fixed it . A great scanner. I bought the 436 2 months ago we have provoice so they work well.the 436 has had not one problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.