Pro-668: Backlight on when scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

melonman07

Greetings fellow monitors !
I have not been able to get the backlight to come on when scanning and it stops on an object. It was doing that until I changed locations. Any help greatly appreciated.
Kevin

DickH

Greetings fellow monitors !
I have not been able to get the backlight to come on when scanning and it stops on an object. It was doing that until I changed locations. Any help greatly appreciated.
Kevin

When all else fails, read the instructions (manual).

kibler

Feed Provider
Pro 668

Hey guys.....I know about those guides and instructions I have read them many times? I was wondering if there was a Mode where the display would light up only when a channel is active???...this would be kinda cool and I would think that it should have an option like that! I can not get mine to do this. It may be broken? Any ideas? Thanks

kibler

Feed Provider
I guess maybe the continuous off and on of the light would be pretty rough on the light after a time period anyway! Maybe?

melonman07....after reading the guide again, the light ain't capable of working with "off and on" with each transmission! Thanks

Last edited:

Nasby

Hey guys.....I know about those guides and instructions I have read them many times? I was wondering if there was a Mode where the display would light up only when a channel is active???...this would be kinda cool and I would think that it should have an option like that! I can not get mine to do this. It may be broken? Any ideas? Thanks

This can be done. Under the Object Menu, select "On" for the backlight mode.

The display will light up when the T/G becomes active.

kibler

Feed Provider
This can be done. Under the Object Menu, select "On" for the backlight mode.

The display will light up when the T/G becomes active.
Hello Nasby...That's what I was saying a while ago, that my radio my be broken? I have selected the "on" but when the scanner is in scan mode the light stays on???....It never has worked from day 1! Thanks much, I will keep looking! Have a good one

kibler

Feed Provider
If you would look in the 668 SOFTWARE you shall seek the answer you look for. It has to be set for each and every channel and talk group.
buddrousa....are you talking about here?

Last edited:

Nasby

buddrousa....are you talking about here?

In the highlighted area (under backlight settings) you have "on" selected for both modes (battery and power modes). This means that the scanner's light will stay on continuously no matter what.

Try setting the mode to "keypress" or "normal". This will turn the display light on only when there is activity on the channel or when the keypad is pressed.

Of course you must also select "on" under the BKLT/LED column on your T/G or channel.

kibler

Feed Provider
In the highlighted area (under backlight settings) you have "on" selected for both modes (battery and power modes). This means that the scanner's light will stay on continuously no matter what.

Try setting the mode to "keypress" or "normal". This will turn the display light on only when there is activity on the channel or when the keypad is pressed.

Of course you must also select "on" under the BKLT/LED column on your T/G or channel.
HI Nasby............Thanks for the information! I had no idea that setting was there and the radio is working like a champ! Thanks very much to you and buddrousa

Cognomen

Now that you have that figured out, you can change your LED to have a different colour for each service. ie. red for fire, blue for police, yellow for highways,, red/blue alternate for police/fire mutual aid, etc. And you can have it so that solid red is dispatch, blinking red is tac or working channel, etc. And then you can watch for and record the unit radio ID's, and program them into your scanner so that they display their actual call sign or designator.

So when you hear a call, your backlight lights up so you can read the screen, you can see the solid red LED and know it's the fire disp talk group, and you can see that the truck talking is Ladder 3. I love my 668!

Status
Not open for further replies.