• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Md380 experimental firmware v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
What do you mean by v2? It's a regularly updated project at this point (for example, it looks like there were changes made just 3 hours ago of this posting).

https://github.com/travisgoodspeed/md380tools

I compiled a version last Thursday and posted it to the files section of the MD-380 Yahoo group. Strangely enough the VA3XPR page showed a 'V2' file about 24 hours later... I assume this is what you are referring to?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I just took a closer look at the latest changes... Basically there are two versions. A patched version of the stock firmware with 'pomiscuous' mode enabled that allows all talkgroup traffic to pass (group calls and private calls), also using a new font. Then there is an 'experimental' firmware that is a little more bleeding edge. It allows for promiscuous mode to be toggled on/off as well as some debug items etc. Right now it appears they are working on various menu items and things like adjust alert tone volume etc. Looks like they are trying to get a stable release ready for the Dayton hamvention.

seth21w

Wasn't that fixed in the 2.034 stock firmware? I thought it was but I could be mistaken.

I think if you run the v1 experimental firmware it takes you back to previous stock firmware, either way its not correct with the experimental firmware version 1 i am kind of scared to mess with v2 if i cannot roll back.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've had no issues switching between versions. Think I flashed mine 3 times today alone (different versions of stock and experimental).

Where do you see the mis-spelling, in the FPP menu? If so it's been corrected in the version I'm currently running.

seth21w

I've had no issues switching between versions. Think I flashed mine 3 times today alone (different versions of stock and experimental).

Where do you see the mis-spelling, in the FPP menu? If so it's been corrected in the version I'm currently running.

it is showing in the program radio when i select repeater slot. and i am on 2.32 mcu version 1.0 hardware version thats what shows up in my programming software.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yeah unfortunately the experimental firmware doesn't change the version. # at all. It would be nice if they could implement that. Also I'm not sure why they are still working off of 2.032 vs 2.034. Oh well at least changes are being made!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Here's a quick pic of the new font for those interested...

Attachments

• IMG_20160423_135410.jpg
    IMG_20160423_135410.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 5,653

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I see someone posted a new file to the Yahoo group last night which is basically what you were looking for... The stock firmware with the spelling errors corrected and the new font applied.

RayAir

I just decided to install the exp firmware since I was willing to sacrifice the 380.

It does what is says it does. Private calls displaying on Con+ is nice.

After installing v2 I didn't notice any changes except the font style.

Any idea if the experimental firmware will allow the radio to unmute if MotoTRBO RAS is in use?

I don't have any local systems to test.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I just decided to install the exp firmware since I was willing to sacrifice the 380.

It does what is says it does. Private calls displaying on Con+ is nice.

After installing v2 I didn't notice any changes except the font style.

Any idea if the experimental firmware will allow the radio to unmute if MotoTRBO RAS is in use?

I don't have any local systems to test.

You're actually able to monitor Con+ non-CCs and obtain actual audio? I've yet to be able to do that. And nobody could give me a confirmation that it even worked when monitoring Connect Plus TRBO systems.

Mike

tripleplay905

You're actually able to monitor Con+ non-CCs and obtain actual audio? I've yet to be able to do that. And nobody could give me a confirmation that it even worked when monitoring Connect Plus TRBO systems.

Mike

Mike, do you have the TX and RX frequencies the same in the channel by chance? I couldn't get audio out of a Con+ system I wanted to monitor until I set the TX frequency to something other than the RX frequency.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
So I'm going to be "that guy" and ask...how do you program the radio to basically receive all DMR traffic on a given frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.