Uniden Scanner problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
I have a pair of Uniden PMR 885 scanners. One works fine, the other one permanently displays the "transmit/receive" icon and will not transmit when keyed to do so. It receives ok though.

Any ideas please will be welcomed. I have tried various combinations of button pushing and there is no sign of a "factory reset button". I have tried also removing the battery for a week or so in the hope that this would do a reset, but not so.
Appreciate advice. Thank you

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if it is a scanner if it transmits. Not familiar with it but suspect it is a transceiver. As always RTFM. That is if you have a manual. An internet search brings up some similar problems. Maybe they have an answer to your problem there.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I wonder if it is a scanner if it transmits. Not familiar with it but suspect it is a transceiver. As always RTFM. That is if you have a manual. An internet search brings up some similar problems. Maybe they have an answer to your problem there.

It is a transceiver and not a scanner.
standbystandby: Your radios are Uniden FRS/GMRS two way radios and NOT a scanner.
As indicated above doing a simple Google search for "Uniden PMR 885" brings up the info
that you need. You also need to be aware that you need a GMRS license to be able to transmit on the GMRS frequencies.
Marshall KE4ZNR

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
PMR885 are actually PMR, not GMRS. This is a European service (and these are radios sold for use in Europe).

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
PMR885 are actually PMR, not GMRS. This is a European service (and these are radios sold for use in Europe).
Thanks for the clarification :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ah yes. Sorry my mistake. It is a two way radio not a scanner.

have tried Google searches but nothing to help with my radios problem, hence asking here.

Any advise please on how to solve the problem?

Regards

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.