Alarms for transmissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
Im attempting to locate a method similar to two-tone detect that can alert me via email when a transmission is picked up and send a small recording.

http://mail.katieandglen.com/04-26-...-08-56 - Grundy - SCADA PAGES TO 11-09-10.mp3

Typically they have a two-tone with them however this alarm does not. Does anyone have any ideas how to send an alert based of that

Note: it did not have a two tone but did have the "beeps"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

a417

is there some kind of sub-audible signalling being used, or is it literally just a voice loop?

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
Most of the transmissions use a two tone start followed by a round of three "beep-boops" then the voice loop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

a417

if it's a low usage channel, VOX recording? If you're not aware of any signalling before that transmission, I'm not sure how you're going to get the selectivity of picking JUST those transmissions up, from any of the others.

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
the channel just has those alerts.
Im not trying to record them, just send me an alert, when there is a signal on that channel.

a417

TwoToneDetect may be just what you are looking for.

Andy's done some good work on it, maybe if you were to set the recording time to a fractional second (not sure if it will interpret 0 as infinite, but you can try it), then you can figure out those tones (with his program also called TwoToneFinder) and then set up email alerts for each valid set.

He's active on here, and replies quickly.

DC31

Feed Provider
So, you are running TTD already, correct? If you are using v65 or newer there is a logfile folder that contains daily log files. Grab one of those text files and post it here. If those alarms are truly the only transmissions on that radio frequency, then it should be pretty easy to make TTD send you an alert any time that it hears audio. Just be aware that may be every time there is a click on that frequency... The guy seems to have a rather monotone voice so there may be a dominant frequency that we can look for or you can just set your tolerances wide enough to detect most any frequency that TTD picks up.

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
Log

the software was not running the last time the signal was picked up, I'll watch for the next transmission and grab the log.

it does appear that I am getting a lot of bursts of noise on the frequency, will keep trying adjusting the squlech to knock them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.