Looking for old FireNet map

Status
Not open for further replies.

davecason

Hi,

Did anybody make a copy of the firenet map that was still up last year?
The Google site says MIA...... I'd like to get a copy.

Cheers'
Dave

mciupa

Is it from a post I made? If so I can try to figure out what went wrong and/or re-create it.

There was a post in 2011 that you made. I clicked the link this morning and got a 404 error.

Jay911 said:
FireNet Repeaters - Google Maps

The above is a Google Maps link to all the currently listed FireNet repeaters in Alberta.

Each point on the map has a link showing the site name, FireNet channel number (if I know it), frequencies, and CTCSS tones (if I know them). Sites where there are more than one repeater at a location have different icons for each repeater site to try to make them a little more visible.

If you have any updates to the info (FN numbers or tone values), please reply to this thread. I'll be updating the map when I can, and submitting it all to the RRDB as time permits.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
There was a post in 2011 that you made. I clicked the link this morning and got a 404 error.

Looks like between the changes to Google Maps over the years and probably some poor housekeeping by me, the file is gone.

The 2012 Pilots' Handbook you linked to is still decently up to date as far as I can tell.

davecason

Yep it was

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the talk at the ARES meeting - it was freaking great !!

Yep, that really awesome map you made is now gone! She go poof !! Too bad because it was really nice and you did a hell of a job on it. I did look in the 2016 handbook Ian tossed up the other day but it's not in there but that older 2012 will do the job so thanks "mciupa" !

Cheers'
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.